Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-19-2012, 11:23 PM   #851
ladyarcana55

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Corat lets a drop fall, and Julia dives after it. Ryuki eye-checks Glen and Sunae, clearly intending to seal the lid shut after her.
The sword in Sunae's hand is ablaze with a bright blue flame. Sunae is holding with the tip down and funny enough, the flames don't appear to affect her or her garb.

Sunae watches and waits at the ready.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:57 PM   #852
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
The sword in Sunae's hand is ablaze with a bright blue flame. Sunae is holding with the tip down and funny enough, the flames don't appear to affect her or her garb.

Sunae watches and waits at the ready.
Kane stands ready, too. He knows he needs to go to Mitch's aid, but there's an evil here, now, that needs to be contained, and if his presence can aid that -- or not weaken the attempt -- then that's what must be.

A corner of his mouth quirks in a smile as he watches the sword indicate the state of Julia's soul. A true Malakite blade ... pity it doesn't have a brother.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:01 AM   #853
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch nods and "I see. I won't mention anything out of the ordinary then." He looks over his shoulder towards the house to see if Kane has arived yet and to make sure the demons haven't circled around towards the back door "Where's she picking us up? Perhaps we should head away from the house. We don't want to draw attention to it."
Gilbert spots a familiar car and, after making sure it's his friend, waves it over. "Hey Gilbert. Interesting place to..."

"Yeah I know. But it broke down here, and weirdly enough some guy who used to buy ice cream when he was a kid said he knew someone, and...you know how it goes."

"You're too trusting."

"Not really."

"Who's your friend?"

"Oh this? This is Mitch."

"Hey Mitch. Listen guys--you didn't see a hearse come in here did you? I passed a grip of cars, all in a line and driving slowly like a funeral procession, but I didn't see the hearse. I had to cut the one guy off to turn in here. Hopefully we won't have the same drama going out.

"You coming with us Mitch? Where am I dropping you off?"
Old 01-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #854
Puck

Quote:
Gilbert spots a familiar car and, after making sure it's his friend, waves it over. "Hey Gilbert. Interesting place to..."

"Yeah I know. But it broke down here, and weirdly enough some guy who used to buy ice cream when he was a kid said he knew someone, and...you know how it goes."

"You're too trusting."

"Not really."

"Who's your friend?"

"Oh this? This is Mitch."

"Hey Mitch. Listen guys--you didn't see a hearse come in here did you? I passed a grip of cars, all in a line and driving slowly like a funeral procession, but I didn't see the hearse. I had to cut the one guy off to turn in here. Hopefully we won't have the same drama going out.

"You coming with us Mitch? Where am I dropping you off?"
Mitch hides his wince at the fudging of the truth and hops in "I'll let Gilbert here give directions, but in answer to your question, no I haven't seen a hearse." As Sandra pulls away from the curb he looks over a Gilbert and mouths "Ruby?"
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:05 PM   #855
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch hides his wince at the fudging of the truth and hops in "I'll let Gilbert here give directions, but in answer to your question, no I haven't seen a hearse." As Sandra pulls away from the curb he looks over a Gilbert and mouths "Ruby?"
Gilbert nods darkly--yes. "Saundra, we're going to Mitch's shop. Head up this way..."

Their car is passed by a woman on a motorcycle going way too fast for this neighborhood. After she passes she stops in the middle of the road to adjust her rearview. Gilbert looks behind them and sees a car round the far corner with another one close behind him. "Saundra, that's those cars. Head out Cybourn Avenue, quickly before..."

Saundra's a lead foot. The woman on the motorcycle tries to turn to block her way but Saundra's too fast, swerving around the back of the bike before she can change directions.

"Stupid biker," she mutters. "Stupid New Age funerals."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Kane stands ready, too. He knows he needs to go to Mitch's aid, but there's an evil here, now, that needs to be contained, and if his presence can aid that -- or not weaken the attempt -- then that's what must be.

A corner of his mouth quirks in a smile as he watches the sword indicate the state of Julia's soul. A true Malakite blade ... pity it doesn't have a brother.
A big Disturbance shakes the tether--a couple of angels coming through--and Ryuki has to double his focus to complete the seal. Dignity offers a hand to the newcomer, Nisroc bearing a small fleet of ferrets on his body. After conferring with the Seneschal a moment, he addresses Ash. "How much Disturbance can you muffle? I have a way you can all go through, to hide your numbers. Dig and I here will sing Bridge, you can all go through to defend the tether, and I'll roll up the passageway after you're safely back here."

A ferret nibbles at his ear. "And yeah, if anyone's a pint low we brought reinforcements. My little friend here is offering Essence."
Old 01-20-2012, 09:51 PM   #856
ladyarcana55

Quote:
A big Disturbance shakes the tether--a couple of angels coming through--and Ryuki has to double his focus to complete the seal. Dignity offers a hand to the newcomer, Nisroc bearing a small fleet of ferrets on his body. After conferring with the Seneschal a moment, he addresses Ash. "How much Disturbance can you muffle? I have a way you can all go through, to hide your numbers. Dig and I here will sing Bridge, you can all go through to defend the tether, and I'll roll up the passageway after you're safely back here."
Sunae sighs

"I knew I should have brought a change of clothing..."

As she watches, she doesn't notice the flames from the sword beginning to creep up her arm. It reaches her elbow and she looks down.

"What? Why?"

She shakes her head and smiles

"No, that's not necessary. I'm holding a flaming sword, I think that is intimidating enough. Besides, we may be entering battle. I would rather save the Essence for that."

"Of course you're going. If I don't take you, I am sure your new friend would be happy to have you accompany him."

"You're welcome. Now stop that please."

And the flames on her arm go out while the flames engulfing the sword lowers. The flames are now red and yellow, but the outer edges are still a very bright blue.

Sunae looks down at the blade with a look of slight disapproval

"Patience. We still have to finish this"

"I accept your apology. Thank you"

And her attention is back to the events unfolding.

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 01-21-2012 at 12:04 PM.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:14 PM   #857
Puck

Quote:
Gilbert nods darkly--yes. "Saundra, we're going to Mitch's shop. Head up this way..."

Their car is passed by a woman on a motorcycle going way too fast for this neighborhood. After she passes she stops in the middle of the road to adjust her rearview. Gilbert looks behind them and sees a car round the far corner with another one close behind him. "Saundra, that's those cars. Head out Cybourn Avenue, quickly before..."

Saundra's a lead foot. The woman on the motorcycle tries to turn to block her way but Saundra's too fast, swerving around the back of the bike before she can change directions.

"Stupid biker," she mutters. "Stupid New Age funerals."

"
"Yes, my shop sounds good." He gives the adress and then lets out a suprised yelp at the sudden swerve. Looking slightly embarrased he clears his throat and glances at Gilbert "I wonder what they're up too."
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:53 PM   #858
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadLilim View Post
Ash finally speaks up, trying not to look too lost, "I've got Shields, the Disturbance blocking kind. I can set up the barrier once we get there. Anyone have a sage stick I can borrow?"
((Again, my apologies for the retcon. I plead morning.))

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 01-21-2012 at 10:35 PM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:27 PM   #859
RadLilim

Quote:
After conferring with the Seneschal a moment, he addresses Ash. "How much Disturbance can you muffle? I have a way you can all go through, to hide your numbers. Dig and I here will sing Bridge, you can all go through to defend the tether, and I'll roll up the passageway after you're safely back here."

A ferret nibbles at his ear. "And yeah, if anyone's a pint low we brought reinforcements. My little friend here is offering Essence."
"I can block it all, but only for a few minutes. If I keep singing the song on repeat I can keep it going, but only as ling as I have essence. Eventually it will al be released though, we just have to be gone by then." Ash replies.

Wanna buy one? - Radueriel, Free Lilim
RadLilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:34 PM   #860
tHEhERETIC

((With my sincere apologies, a few seconds worth of retcon.))
----------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadLilim View Post
"I can block it all, but only for a few minutes. If I keep singing the song on repeat I can keep it going, but only as ling as I have essence. Eventually it will al be released though, we just have to be gone by then." Ash replies.
"Excellent. After you?"

Nisroc waits for Ash to go through the tether, hoping the sound of his entrance does not attract attention. No such luck--the three stooges outside bang on the door until the wasps make them retreat again.

Nisroc waits a beat and then slips through the tether, handing off one of the ferrets to Ash as he arrives. The ferret, being part of a Kyriotate, awaits a signal to donate Essence to the cause.

Nisroc nods to Ash and then creeps into the inside hallway. Once there he texts his counterpart, wondering how they ever did this before, and begins his half of the duet. The ferrets scatter, one to confer with a local crow, the others to scout out the rest of the house.

Nisroc and Dignity begin the duet of the Song of Location, making the thing big enough to transit a (10 Force) angel for an hour. While it makes a solid noise on the San Francisco end, it is without sound in Toluca Terrace.

Less than a block away, Ruby cuts the engine on her motorcycle and listens. She picks up the Disturbance and resolves to head towards it, but she notices something else too. The howling dogs, the ones in distress from the ethereal that had just gotten loose--it was moving away. She sincerely hoped that none of The Game's people were listening. This close to the borderlands, not much noise, that ethereal factor...maybe, probably, the gamester would chase the god.

She turns the bike around and heads towards the Disturbance, ignoring the chaos this caused in the line of cars following her. Let her slaves suffer.

Tags
in nomine