Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #841
Puck

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Gilbert looks at Mitch like he's lost his mind. A cab? In suburban LA? Doesn't happen. He could call one but Ruby could be monitoring the dispatch radio and send a pirate of her own. Instead Gilbert takes a particularly LA approach to the problem. He pulls out a cellphone.

"Hey Saundra," he says into the phone, making his voice sound as casual as his adrenaline will allow. "Yeah, the truck's in the garage again. Mind if I bum a ride to the shopping mall?" The lie, while harmless to a friend, would be uncomfortable to the seraph ("garage" hints at mechanics and not where it's really at, and he intends to 'change his mind' in the car and get a ride home.) He smiles at the answer. "Yeah, I'm in Toluca Terrace. I'll watch for you....Thanks, you're a dear."
Mitch's eyebrow twitches slightly at the lie, but lets it slide asking instead "Who's your friend? Is she err Aware as you are?"
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:02 PM   #842
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"Oh no you don't!"

Sunae jumps towards between Julia and the door and the sword lights up. Sunae holds the flaming sword and points it at the ghost.

"DO NOT MOVE! Dignity...is there anyway you can help make sure she goes nowhere? Until we know what it is she is hiding it's not safe to let her leave."

If Julia tries to run Sunae will strike her with the sword.
The sword burns electric blue.

((Give me a couple hours to get caffeinated and figure out if and by how much that sword connects)).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch's eyebrow twitches slightly at the lie, but lets it slide asking instead "Who's your friend? Is she err Aware as you are?"
"Nah, I'm just the nice old guy who runs the rickety ice-cream truck."
Old 01-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #843
RadLilim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Kyrio and Malakite versus three demons? I like those odds just fine.

"Down there as fast as I can," he says into the phone. He turns to the Seneschal. "Ma'am, do you mind if I use your Tether? It sounds like there's a few folks that need to be scratched off the chart."

His eyes fall on Sunae for a second and his Creation-fueled mind whirls. "For that matter -- got anyone who knows the Projection Songs really well? I wouldn't mind havin' some backup; the kind that don't make any noise."
Ash finally speaks up, trying not to look too lost, "I've got Shields, the Disturbance blocking kind. I can set up the barrier once we get there. Anyone have a sage stick I can borrow?"

Wanna buy one? - Radueriel, Free Lilim
RadLilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:13 PM   #844
Dalillama

Quote:
"Oh no you don't!"

Sunae jumps towards between Julia and the door and the sword lights up. Sunae holds the flaming sword and points it at the ghost.

"DO NOT MOVE! Dignity...is there anyway you can help make sure she goes nowhere? Until we know what it is she is hiding it's not safe to let her leave."

If Julia tries to run Sunae will strike her with the sword.
Glen snaps " Hold where you stand, spirit, or I will banish you unto the outer darkness where you will never again see your Frank!" He begins to move his arms in rigid patterns,and chanting loudly and sonorously, each word ringin out to senses material and spiritual. (A I read CPG P 37, he should be able to try banishing her; putting her back in the jar is probably beyind him, he was partially bluffing and partially impressed enough by some of Ryiuki's other work to have possibly inflated veiws of Ryuki's competence.)
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:20 PM   #845
ladyarcana55

Quote:
The sword burns electric blue.
Her eyes narrow and a dangerous glint enters her eyes

"Blood in her heart and on her soul. She cannot be allowed to leave. If she does, she will betray this place to the enemy. I say we destroy her"
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:39 PM   #846
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadLilim View Post
Ash finally speaks up, trying not to look too lost, "I've got Shields, the Disturbance blocking kind. I can set up the barrier once we get there. Anyone have a sage stick I can borrow?"
Ryuki does not even hesitate. Finally, someone who gets it, from left field no less. "In my kit bag over in the corner." He spares a hand to point to it. "And could you grab me my beeswax and lighter while you're in there? And don't open any books or containers, for your own safety." He speaks calmly and without so much as a 'please', as though Ash were just a member of a team he was in charge of.

(The beeswax is clearly that, honeycomb shapes rolled up into a plastic baggie, inside the unassuming black gym bag.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
Glen snaps " Hold where you stand, spirit, or I will banish you unto the outer darkness where you will never again see your Frank!" He begins to move his arms in rigid patterns,and chanting loudly and sonorously, each word ringin out to senses material and spiritual. (A I read CPG P 37, he should be able to try banishing her; putting her back in the jar is probably beyind him, he was partially bluffing and partially impressed enough by some of Ryiuki's other work to have possibly inflated veiws of Ryuki's competence.)
Julia's taken aback by the chanting person in front of her and the flaming sword at her side. She backs towards the unfinished ward, figuring escape is in another direction, when Ryuki "helpfully" points her to her earthenware prison-jar. Corat has crept up towards it and while he's not there yet she can see him. He has the little jelly jar in his hand and he wiggles it, letting the demon blood splash inside. She walks towards him, back through whoever's in the way, slowly so as not to alarm the others around her.

Quote:

"Blood in her heart and on her soul. She cannot be allowed to leave. If she does, she will betray this place to the enemy. I say we destroy her"

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 01-16-2012 at 10:56 PM. Reason: clarifying
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:41 AM   #847
Puck

Quote:

"Nah, I'm just the nice old guy who runs the rickety ice-cream truck."
Mitch nods and "I see. I won't mention anything out of the ordinary then." He looks over his shoulder towards the house to see if Kane has arived yet and to make sure the demons haven't circled around towards the back door "Where's she picking us up? Perhaps we should head away from the house. We don't want to draw attention to it."
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:51 PM   #848
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch nods and "I see. I won't mention anything out of the ordinary then." He looks over his shoulder towards the house to see if Kane has arived yet and to make sure the demons haven't circled around towards the back door "Where's she picking us up? Perhaps we should head away from the house. We don't want to draw attention to it."
"Good idea," Gilbert whispers. "I'll text her to come up Strohm Avenue and we'll watch for her. Just have to get across this street and onto Weddington." He leads Mitch across front yards, trying to put some distance between them and the demons before risking the exposure of the street.

Judging by the dogs, the spirit seems to follow at first but then hovers next door to the house with the ice cream tether.

((In the interest of continuity--and suspense-- I'm going to hold the next move until the SFO folks react. I'm not expecting any particular action from Mitch.))

Quote:

The end is near for Julia, thinks Ryuki. Surely she sees that. The blood to lure her into the jar, the beeswax to seal her in. The sword to gain compliance. Glen doing a working, pray she doesn't recognize the words. Quickly, because the sword is needed elsewhere. Just one more second though, one more thing...

"I want Frank's real name."

She looks at him with hate in her eyes, waiting to see what traps might spring first.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 01-17-2012 at 05:15 PM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:33 PM   #849
RadLilim

Quote:
Ryuki does not even hesitate. Finally, someone who gets it, from left field no less. "In my kit bag over in the corner." He spares a hand to point to it. "And could you grab me my beeswax and lighter while you're in there? And don't open any books or containers, for your own safety." He speaks calmly and without so much as a 'please', as though Ash were just a member of a team he was in charge of.

(The beeswax is clearly that, honeycomb shapes rolled up into a plastic baggie, inside the unassuming black bag).
Ash nods, retrieves the items, gives Ryuki what he requested and heads over to Kane with the sage stick.

Wanna buy one? - Radueriel, Free Lilim
RadLilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:27 PM   #850
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadLilim View Post
Ash nods, retrieves the items, gives Ryuki what he requested and heads over to Kane with the sage stick.
The prison-jar's lid is cork, he thinks, now to seal it before Glen can finish that banish. Ryuki nods to Corat, who unscrews the little glass one and threatens to pour the blood into the ceramic prison-jar. Julia's mouth goes agape, and suddenly it's the only thing she can see.

Corat lets a drop fall, and Julia dives after it. Ryuki eye-checks Glen and Sunae, clearly intending to seal the lid shut after her.

Tags
in nomine