Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 11-12-2011, 05:27 PM   #611
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
"Hmm, yes, I suppose we don't want to encurage the Word of Gluttony." Seraphs can be so litteral sometimes. "So, yes, please lay down." Mitch turns to Gilbert "How much longer?"
"About ten minutes."

It's a mostly uneventful ten minutes. At one point you pick up a 'tail', but he keeps his distance--even Corat can't get a shot without risking bystanders. "I could hit his windshield all day, but as far as he is the arrows would lack the momentum to pierce the glass, nevermind the driver inside."

Given that distance, he won't be too hard to shake, and barring other instructions that's what Gilbert will do. He'll drive to Griffith Park, get inside, and find some picnic area away from prying eyes.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:02 AM   #612
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Kane keeps his supernatural "ears" open for any disturbances along the route, just in case -- especially once the tail briefly joins them. (If their shadow hits a curb or runs over a small animal, there just might be a telltale.) Barring any obvious trouble, he'll disembark with the rest.

"We need some extra space?" he asks. "I can call a buddy, have him get my pickup out here." He smiles. "I'd have called him into town, but he probaby wouldn't thank me for making him run that gantlet."

(OOC: Yes, he has a pickup -- mentioned in the introductory scene during his gig in the IE.)

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"

Last edited by Rocket Man; 11-13-2011 at 08:06 AM.
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:14 AM   #613
alexondria

Zahira would nod, "That might not be a bad plan, just to make sure we have enough space."
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:07 PM   #614
RadLilim

Ash and the ambulance keep up amazingly well with the Ice Cream truck, dodging through traffic like a natural. He keeps the sirens and light off, of course, to try and keep out of the general public's notice.

((Sorry, I forget, is there anyone else in the ambulance whit him, besides a ton of jars of nasties?)

Wanna buy one? - Radueriel, Free Lilim
RadLilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:45 PM   #615
alexondria

(I'm not sure we figured out who was where)
Old 11-13-2011, 03:00 PM   #616
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
(I'm not sure we figured out who was where)
(Nope, deliberately left up to you folks. http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...&postcount=283 But those jars of nasties? They're whispering among themselves.

ladyarcana, DAlillama, I haven't forgotten you. Give me one more day? post? and you're back in.

And I finally figured out where the Seneschal is.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Kane keeps his supernatural "ears" open for any disturbances along the route, just in case -- especially once the tail briefly joins them. (If their shadow hits a curb or runs over a small animal, there just might be a telltale.) Barring any obvious trouble, he'll disembark with the rest.

"We need some extra space?" he asks. "I can call a buddy, have him get my pickup out here." He smiles. "I'd have called him into town, but he probaby wouldn't thank me for making him run that gantlet."

(OOC: Yes, he has a pickup -- mentioned in the introductory scene during his gig in the IE.)
Gilbert hops out of the truck and looks around. "Give me a sec," he says, and then he whistles a happy little ditty. "She likes movies," he explains.

A crow, a pigeon, and two sparrows answer the tune. "So," he says to the Kyriotate, "how many tails do we have, how long can we sit here, and how much noise can we make before we're in too deep?"

The pigeon trills; it's almost a "Who?", and something makes a tapping noise once. The sparrows sing two notes, sounding a bit like "tick tock", and the woodpecker taps out two rapid sets, twelve or seventeen taps to your ears. Finally the crow caws and flies into sight. It looks around at all of you and flaps its wings wildly without taking flight.

Gilbert translates. "Twelve or fifteen minutes, not very long. Only that one tail, as far as she could see, and we can make plenty of noise as long as we're quick."

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 11-13-2011 at 03:11 PM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:33 PM   #617
Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Gilbert hops out of the truck and looks around. "Give me a sec," he says, and then he whistles a happy little ditty. "She likes movies," he explains.

A crow, a pigeon, and two sparrows answer the tune. "So," he says to the Kyriotate, "how many tails do we have, how long can we sit here, and how much noise can we make before we're in too deep?"

The pigeon trills; it's almost a "Who?", and something makes a tapping noise once. The sparrows sing two notes, sounding a bit like "tick tock", and the woodpecker taps out two rapid sets, twelve or seventeen taps to your ears. Finally the crow caws and flies into sight. It looks around at all of you and flaps its wings wildly without taking flight.

Gilbert translates. "Twelve or fifteen minutes, not very long. Only that one tail, as far as she could see, and we can make plenty of noise as long as we're quick."
Mitch beams at the cluster of birds "Thank you." Turning to the others he asks "I belive someone said something about a Dream tether fairly close by? Perhaps we could use that to move the jars between here and San Francisco." He frowns then as a thought comes to him "But then how are we to get DeShawn there? Any ideas?"

Last edited by Puck; 11-15-2011 at 01:27 PM. Reason: changed LA to SF
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:54 AM   #618
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch nods, even though can't see it though the phone "Indeed, he was Kingman's apprentice. As to your warning, we are in a different car then the ambulance, we couldn't squeeze everyone and the jars in. Why don't I hang up and you can call Corat or Kane who with the jars to pass on the warning. Once we get to the park I'll let you know where we will go next." He pauses to see it Ryuki has any last minute advice and then hangs up.
Ryuki looks at Glen. "I figure at the very least we could start packing up your booth. I mean, unless you trust Bruce and whoever's watching him with hundred year old books." He doesn't quite wait for the reply but he's young enough to be good with multitasking. He opens his phone and dials Kane.

"Dude, we're waiting here. Where do you need us? If it's local I can join you tonight; if not you'll get the other two and I'll come in tomorrow. Keeping in mind where Glen can't go, given our profession."

Ryuki seems to notice the dress anew. "You are free tonight?" he asks hopefully.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:03 AM   #619
alexondria

Zahirah would lean in and whisper to Mitch,

Spoiler:  
Old 11-15-2011, 01:30 PM   #620
Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
Zahirah would lean in and whisper to Mitch,

Spoiler:  
Mitch looks slightly puzzled and murrmers back "You mean the jars? Where should we take them in San Francisco? We can have Ryuki and Glen meet us there."
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine