Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-04-2016, 01:20 PM   #51
Minuteman37

Default Re: GURPS After the End 1: Wastelanders

PK, if I wanted to run an AtE game as the introductory GURPS campaign for a fresh group of players using the AtE core set and GURPS lite what if any additional content should I to bring in from GURPS basic set or other source books?
Minuteman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 01:58 PM   #52
ULFGARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuteman37 View Post
PK, if I wanted to run an AtE game as the introductory GURPS campaign for a fresh group of players using the AtE core set and GURPS lite what if any additional content should I to bring in from GURPS basic set or other source books?
I'd want the full Basic Set. Otherwise, the tech books give lots of useful gear.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:52 PM   #53
Minuteman37

Oh another thing!

AtE loadouts would be nice, Gear prioritization means a lot more in a survival game then it does in other genres.

Speaking of which I think I'll go make a thread for this.
Minuteman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 04:13 PM   #54
PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuteman37 View Post
I'm not sure that GURPS Lite would be the best way to go, since ATE does refer to several skills and other traits that don't exist in GURPS Lite. Really, I think ATE + Basic Set should be simple enough for any new group to pick up on easily enough.

If your players trust you, I'd suggest having them build their characters, then you as GM build their loadouts using just gear from the Basic Set and ATE1. In my experience, one of the hardest things for new players to do is pick the best gear without overlooking something. Plus then if you feel like fudging things here and there to give a given PC an appropriate piece of extra gear, no one is likely to notice. :)

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 04:33 PM   #55
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
Sounds like a Pyramid article . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
I knew it. There is a Ghostdancer quota to be met.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
He writes for bullets, which he can trade for food.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsdad View Post
...Which sustains him while he writes, it works well
Oh, come on, guys. I leave the thread for a single day and I get this? Y'all aint fair...

Now, if you excuse me, I need to go hunt the possum-chickens in the backyard. They keep messing with the goat-weasel pen and it's making them crazy and not give milk. Don't want no deathclaws showing up from all the racket either.

(Also, Red Writer Needs Food Badly.)

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 01:10 AM   #56
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Knutsen View Post
DF2 and Action 2 are super useful supplements for all GURPS GMs, giving plenty of examples of how to make Skills and in some cases Advantages relevant during various adventuring sub-escapades.

The same is most likely true for MH2, except I haven't read that one closely, so I can't actually say it for sure.
It is true. Indeed before Thaumaturgy: RPM came out, the reason MH 1 got any action from me was RPM... but MH2 is very relevant to a lot of my games.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 05:12 AM   #57
Tomsdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post

(Also, Red Writer Needs Food Badly.)
Quick everyone buy more copies of AtE 1!
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 05:48 AM   #58
Anders

Pyramid 3/71 has rules for buying craft as Patrons. What do you think about using that for buying things like cars, motorcycles, etc. in an AtE campaign?
Old 03-05-2016, 08:57 AM   #59
Raekai
World's Worst Detective

So, this book is great. I never got around to finally putting that out there. More than anything else, it's already a great start.

But I want to put the cart before the horse. What are the chances of seeing a Pointless Apocalypse Surviving supplement down the line? Akin to Pointless Slaying and Looting and Pointless Monster Hunting. I ran a very generic one-off session with Pointless Monster Hunting and it's a great way to introduce people to GURPS as far as I can tell. Plus, then I could mix all three of my favorite lines together: Dungeon Fantasy, Monster Hunters, and After the End*. Being able to do that would help approximate my own kitchen sink of a setting.

*I have great hope for this line.
Raekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 11:40 AM   #60
Sam Baughn

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and some other bits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Pyramid 3/71 has rules for buying craft as Patrons. What do you think about using that for buying things like cars, motorcycles, etc. in an AtE campaign?
Seems fairly reasonable. Assuming 'constantly available', you could get a fairly good bike or an almost broken down jeep for 12 points, a good jeep or a battered truck for 20 points and a battered sports car or SUV for 40 points.
Sam Baughn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
after the end