Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 12-19-2013, 10:05 PM   #1
ken

Default New Player questions

Yes I know this may seem like a ridiculous question but when can I play a "Go up a Level"? Anytime on anyone's turn?

When you play from your hand to face up in front of you, that is an item of some such. Not a curse, go up a level, etc. Also you could play one race and/or one class.

You can carry as many items as you want in front of you. Tons of items but! Only one big item, and only one item per hand, head, etc. which means that other/extra items if in front of you must be turned sideways to indicate that you are not wearing them.

Thank you
ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:36 PM   #2
Clipper

Default Re: New Player questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken View Post
Yes I know this may seem like a ridiculous question but when can I play a "Go up a Level"? Anytime on anyone's turn?
Yes.

Quote:
When you play from your hand to face up in front of you, that is an item of some such. Not a curse, go up a level, etc. Also you could play one race and/or one class.
Are you asking when you can play such cards? The rules say you can play Items to the table, a Race or a Class immediately when you receive them, or any time during your turn. You can't play Items during combat, though.

Quote:
You can carry as many items as you want in front of you. Tons of items but! Only one big item, and only one item per hand, head, etc. which means that other/extra items if in front of you must be turned sideways to indicate that you are not wearing them.

Thank you
Not quite. Yes, you can only carry one Big Item, but you can carry as many Items as you like that are Armor, need Hands, etc. The thing with the Armor and Hands and so on is that there is a limitation on how many you can use.

So you can only have one Big Item on the table, whether it is used or not. You can carry as many other Items on the table, but you are limited to only using one piece of Armor and two Hands of Handed Items and so on.

Note that you are carrying the Items you are using/wearing as well as the Items you are not using/wearing. The sideways ones that you are not using/wearing are called unused or unequipped.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #3
ken

Default Re: New Player questions

Thank you,
ken is offline   Reply With Quote