Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 12-31-2013, 08:49 AM   #1
Sugar Cain

Default Munchkin Pathfinder Clairification(s)

I'm new to Munchkin and just started playing Munchkin Pathfinder. Three of us started playing last night and I have a couple of questions I can't find answers to. Any help is greatly appreciated:

What happens when you Kick Down a Door and you draw a Monster Enhancer card (i.e. +5 to Goblins)? Is this a monster to fight with a combat of 5 or is this the same as drawing an item card? It seems that the +5 is the same as player modifications when fighting making this scenario a fight but it could also be an item after kicking down a door.

If you have a "go up a level" card in play on yourself, does removing the card (playing it on another character) reduce your level?

Thanks again!
Sugar Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:04 AM   #2
Mister Ed

Default Re: Munchkin Pathfinder Clairification(s)

Monster Enhancer cards you draw just go in your hand, and you can play them later on a Monster in a combat to add to its combat strength. It isn't an item, since it has no Gold Piece value, so you can't play it to the table until there is a Monster in a combat to play it on.

When you play a GUAL, the person it is played on simply goes up a level and then the card is discarded. It doesn't stay in front of you.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:18 AM   #3
Sugar Cain

Default Re: Munchkin Pathfinder Clairification(s)

Thank you so much for your help Mister Ed! That makes a lot of sense on the Level up cards. I can't believe I didn't think of that! Thank you again.
Sugar Cain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
go up a level, kicking down the door, pathfinder munchkin