Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 07-06-2017, 06:00 PM   #1
benz72

Default Modifiers window not showing

Sorry to trouble the group, but has anyone else had this happen?
Opening any advantage, equipment, &c. then clicking the Modifiers button, either directly or through the Full Edit menu seems to have it click but the menu is not displayed. The system will not accept any other inputs until I hit escape and then the program works fine... except I never got to modify whatever trait I was looking to change.

Thanks for any help
Old 07-06-2017, 06:17 PM   #2
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.
Default Re: Modifiers window not showing

This can happen when the window gets planted somewhere off screen, most often when you have multiple monitors and change the configuration somehow. If you do have multiple monitors try opening the modifiers window and then go into the Windows display settings and move the position of the secondary monitor around and apply, you may be able to find the Modifiers window and reposition it onto your main monitor.

Otherwise the fix is to either edit the GCA.ini file to remove the incorrect window position (simply open in Notepad.exe) or to delete the GCA.ini file which will reset all GCA settings to default. Instructions for finding the GCA.ini file or deleting it can be found in the GCA4 FAQ.

If you want to go the route of editing the GCA.ini file once you've found it (per above) look for the lines with
ModsTop=
ModsLeft=
and set both values to 0
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 09:32 AM   #3
benz72

Default Re: Modifiers window not showing

Thank you very much

Tags
freeze, modifiers window