Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 01-06-2016, 03:58 AM   #1
Wisur

Default Loosing cheated items to curse!

Hi!

I've been playing Munchkin for a while and bought it back in 2010. And I've searched the rules, and this forum and havn't found a good answer to my question.

Since a cheat card takes away the requirements on the card, footgear, 2 hand, big, etc. Does this mean that if i get a curse saying you loose your headgear, i don't loose a cheated headgear, or is it still seen as headgear for all intents and purposes by bad stuff, curses, etc.

Cheers!
Wisur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:03 AM   #2
MIB 9966

Default Re: Loosing cheated items to curse!

While Cheat! cards take away the requirements, the Items are still what they are, so Headgear is still Headgear and can be affected by Curses and Bad Stuff.
You just are allowed to wear it in addition to another Headgear that is not Cheat-ed.
MIB 9966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:10 AM   #3
Wisur

That is how we've played it, but after reading about the cheat cards on this forum i started to doubt if we've been playin it wrong all these years! :)

Thanks!
Wisur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 09:29 AM   #4
MIB 9966

It's in the FAQ: http://www.worldofmunchkin.com/faq/#cheat

Quote:
Q. If my only small Item has a Cheat! card on it, and I get Cursed to lose a small Item, can I say that the cheated Item doesn't count as "small" for the purposes of the Curse?
A. Nice try, but no. Cheat! doesn't take away the Item's properties, it just makes the Item usable for you when it otherwise would not be.
So it's still headgear.
MIB 9966 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cheat, curse