Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 07-08-2013, 11:57 AM   #1
VonKoob

Default Wizard Charm and Treasures

I came across this little discrepancy while playing last night regarding the Wizards Charm ability and the received treasure cards from the charmed monsters.

3 monsters were in play against me, I used the Wizard Charm ability to remove one of the monsters from play and took the treasures from the charmed monster.

Our question: Are those treasures acquired from the charmed monster playable against the remaining 2 monsters? Or would I only receive those cards AFTER the combat has finished?
VonKoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:08 PM   #2
cartmanbeck

Default Re: Wizard Charm and Treasures

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonKoob View Post
I came across this little discrepancy while playing last night regarding the Wizards Charm ability and the received treasure cards from the charmed monsters.

3 monsters were in play against me, I used the Wizard Charm ability to remove one of the monsters from play and took the treasures from the charmed monster.

Our question: Are those treasures acquired from the charmed monster playable against the remaining 2 monsters? Or would I only receive those cards AFTER the combat has finished?
I believe it's been confirmed multiple times that you can't get any treasures from a combat until that combat is over, even if you do things like charm or destroy monsters with specific cards (like use a potion that makes a monster run away, or something of the like).
Old 07-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #3
VonKoob

Ah, well thank you very much for that clarification! Shucks...
VonKoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #4
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonKoob View Post

The rules state quite explicitly that you receive no rewards from combat until combat is over. Removing one Monster from a multiple Monster combat is not sufficient to consider the combat over. Also, the Wizard card doesn't in any way state that it breaks that rule. So, you can't receive the Treasures from the Monster you've charmed until you've defeated the remaining Monsters.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charm, treasure cards, wizard