Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-05-2012, 11:40 AM   #11
B9anders

Default Re: Visualization, +blessing, +cursing, +link +reduced time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figleaf23 View Post
I don't really see why any different treatment should be assigned to Visualization because of having ETS.
Mostly because ETS is somewhat overpriced for its actual game benefits, so where it makes sense to throw in some modest skill bonuses and such, it should probably be done.
B9anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:44 AM   #12
B9anders

Default Re: Visualization, +blessing, +cursing, +link +reduced time

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
That's very interesting. Personally I would require Cosmic in addition to the Link for it to work like that.

Am I wrong to think so? Can you target different aspects of a linked ability like that by default? Link got allot more detail in the last edition, but area affects, number of targets and whatnot were supposed to match. Would you at least need something like Enhanced Tracking to target two subjects simultaneously? If link can be used this way, and let's you get discrete targeting for each linked ability, that's far more potent than I blieved.

Ooooh I just decided what I want the next GURPS Power ups to be! Links!
I too think a link would need cosmic or something similar, to work like that. As is, as I understand it, the abilities gets spliced into one singular effect. It's not just "can activate two abilities with one action."

For comparison: Would two attacks linked allow you to fire at two different opponents? Imo, no. So neither should linked Visualization.

Besides, it's only 5 points extra to add Cosmic. Visualization all tricked out with Reliable and Reduced Time is too cheap for what it does as it is. A few more points added is not going to tilt it into anything approaching a pricey build.
B9anders is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
powers, reduced time, visualization