Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 02-24-2024, 02:21 PM   #11
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: Saethor's Bane: A DFRPG Solo Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by horgan2 View Post
Can you provide more details about Saethor's Bane, the Dungeon Fantasy RPG, and Gaming Ballistic's plans for the future in 2024, as discussed during your appearance on Tenkar's Talking Crit Live?
I could. It would be easier with more specific questions.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 09:58 AM   #12
DouglasCole

It's the last TWO DAYS for Saethor's Bane: A Dungeon Fantasy RPG Solo Adventure!

The project funded in the first eight hours and now stands just a bit shy of the $21,000 full-color-interior stretch goal. It ends at 9:30pm Central Time, Saturday March 9.

This solo adventure is a great way to learn or teach the Dungeon Fantasy RPG. It gives you a chance to try out new professions and rules with no time pressure.

Please jump on board before time runs out!

If you are in forums where you don't see me posting that would welcome such things, I'd appreciate a shout-out or helping spread the word. We only need about 40 new backers to hit the goal, and there should be lots of folks who would be willing to try out a game by themselves that might not have a group.
Old 03-07-2024, 08:02 PM   #13
restlessgriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
It's the last TWO DAYS for Saethor's Bane: A Dungeon Fantasy RPG Solo Adventure!

The project funded in the first eight hours and now stands just a bit shy of the $21,000 full-color-interior stretch goal. It ends at 9:30pm Central Time, Saturday March 9.

This solo adventure is a great way to learn or teach the Dungeon Fantasy RPG. It gives you a chance to try out new professions and rules with no time pressure.
Please jump on board before time runs out!
Almost there, only a few hundred dollars more!
restlessgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 05:09 AM   #14
johndallman
Night Watchman

As of now, it's there.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 08:56 AM   #15
restlessgriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
As of now, it's there.
Hurray! Looking forward to it. Guess I'll buy the digital TFT version to have a preview.
Old 03-08-2024, 09:54 AM   #16
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by restlessgriffin View Post
Hurray! Looking forward to it. Guess I'll buy the digital TFT version to have a preview.
While I will never dissuade anyone from buying anything from me ... I hope to have the digital version of the actual GURPS book in "ready for proofing and fight-testing" within the next week or so.
Old 03-08-2024, 09:54 AM   #17
DouglasCole

Everything is color now.

We passed the $21,000 goal in the night [1] so I'll be reaching out and giving the go signal (translated as a contract and money in advance) to the art team, who will mostly be revisiting their old works. A few have indicated that they're prefer to do entirely new pieces, so that's even better.

Expect this to take 1-2 months for full completion, but that's just for the print works. As soon as the conversion of the main material is done, backers will get greyscale versions of the books to play and test. When the art comes in (maps are already in) they'll be added to the color interior

I'm very excited about this, as I do prefer color and all my DFRPG books before have been color. The cards will look spectacular and be useful.

This is great news ... and there's still a day and a half left!

[1]I can't help but hear this in the voice of Wormtongue from Lord of the Rings: "Oh ... we must have passed the stretch goal during the night."

https://www.backerkit.com/c/projects...umsStretchGoal
Old 03-09-2024, 08:03 PM   #18
tbone

I went to the campaign page just now, curious as to how it's going... and by chance hit it just as the final seconds rolled down to zero. Done!

Congrats on the successful funding and stretch goal! Looking forward to seeing and playing the result.

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)
tbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 01:12 PM   #19
restlessgriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
While I will never dissuade anyone from buying anything from me ... I hope to have the digital version of the actual GURPS book in "ready for proofing and fight-testing" within the next week or so.
Ok, thanks. Guess I'll wait as I wouldn't get to use it for about 2 weeks. Thanks. Never fear, I'll surely buy something else from you this month!
Old 03-15-2024, 10:41 PM   #20
namada
Banned

I just wanted to say, literally the only reason I backed this is because I want to have something to hand out to possible players to do solo & decide whether or not they join a game. I'm 99% of the time, the GM, because nobody else will be. So, I appreciate having this thing to hand out, which is similar to what I used to do with "All in a night's work," I think was the name of that solo adventure...
Thanks Doug.
namada is offline   Reply With Quote