Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-14-2011, 04:03 PM   #11
Hannes665

Default Re: [IC] The Marching Storm

"I... I am."

Utters Sir Green, standing in his full armor, mail armored re enforced with plates, 5´10 weighing about 200 lbs. Blond hair and well trimmed beard, green staring eyes. He has pale skin and he is not a good looking man but neither unattractive, but he carries him in a such manner that he seems pleasant. On his hip he carries his blade and morning star and on his back his shield.

"I wanted to say I am surprised by this event... the Lord left us with a difficult task. You who know me, know that I have a great sense of duty to the Baron and his barony and I as him have advocated that we should stay neutral in this war. But as a Landed Knight on the Kings Land I am duty bound to take the Kings side. Though that is hard since I hail from Denton and I do not wish to go against my blood kin."

Says Sir Green as he steps forward after observing Sir Astaron and all the commotion.

"So were do we stand, King, rebels or continue to be neautral?"

Darth Vader "Luke! I am your fathers second cousins sisters best friends brother!"

Luke Skywalker "Nooo... eehh What?!"
Hannes665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:19 PM   #12
Lamech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannes665
"So were do we stand, King, rebels or continue to be neautral?"
"Can't do neutral, Wanton wanted the war over. I vote king. Plus that jerk-face went off to join Cabble."
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:36 PM   #13
Epic Kobold

Grok pipes in "Walton is...was decidedly set in his opinion that the king is a fool. For Simonton to stand with him would dishonor the ...former...lord and his wishes."
Old 07-14-2011, 05:24 PM   #14
Hannes665

"So, as I thought, not a easy task to pick a side. There is also the option of diplomacy and ending the war with a compromise."

Takes a look over the group.

"Should we order some food and wine?"

Touches his stomach. "I for one is starving."

Darth Vader "Luke! I am your fathers second cousins sisters best friends brother!"

Old 07-14-2011, 05:28 PM   #15
Grey_Fox

Godfrey had been standing silently during the proceedings of the letter reading, it was clear that his uncle's death came as no surprise but the sadness could be seen on his face as clear as the many small scars and stubble covering it, His silver hair was messy even though it was kept short, it was clear he had had little time to prepare himself before coming to the summons of Walton, he wore his guard uniform as he did always, we has not one to stand on ceremony.

Quote:
"You did NOT see the best of me yet! Pick between yourselves whomever you wish to, I shall not be a part of this charade. As much as I am concerned, Wally can burn in Hell!"
Godfrey offers a stern scowl to Lord Astaron as he leaves, but says nothing. Then he addresses the group.

"I make no secret of the fact that I have no wish to rule, however I also wish to see my uncle's lands preserved in a manor fitting him. He was a good man, and an honest man, his people deserve no less in his successor than that. If the decision is made by those gathered here for me to rule I will dedicate myself to trying to honour the memory of Walton, if not then so be it, but know this I will not see Walton's enemies and rivals tear apart this barony like the jackals and vultures they are!"

With that he turns to Grok, who he had long ago been taught by Walton to treat as an equal, and with sadness welling up inside of him he asked,

"Grok you were with him during his final hours, tell me what were the last words my uncle spoke?"
Grey_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:34 PM   #16
Grey_Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannes665 View Post
"So, as I thought, not a easy task to pick a side. There is also the option of diplomacy and ending the war with a compromise."
Turns to Sir Green
"No not an easy task at all, Walton may have worried too much but some of his concerns were quite real, the rebels would replace a fool for a betrayer, its seems as though the people will not be better off regardless of which side is victorious. Walton knew the truth of war, "war is rich men squabbling and poor men dying" he used to say, I think there is truth in those words....

Last edited by Grey_Fox; 07-14-2011 at 05:49 PM.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:44 PM   #17
Lamech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Kobold View Post
Grok pipes in "Walton is...was decidedly set in his opinion that the king is a fool. For Simonton to stand with him would dishonor the ...former...lord and his wishes."
But a moron is better than that thief, Cabble. We can not stand with him. We could form a third side? Unseat Cabble then the king?
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:47 PM   #18
Hannes665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
But a moron is better than that thief, Cabble. We can not stand with him. We could form a third side? Unseat Cabble then the king?

"That is even a greater task, unless we wish to work in the shadows and perhaps weaken their resolve somehow without risking our men or the Barony."

Old 07-14-2011, 05:53 PM   #19
Grey_Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
"Whatever Simonton does next it will need to tread carefully, our choices seem to be to side with a fool, a betrayer, or risk fighting them both. Regardless I fear our position will be chosen for us as our enemies begin to choose sides, I doubt we have heard the last from Lord Astaron and Lord Slanthan."
Old 07-14-2011, 06:07 PM   #20
Epic Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Fox View Post
"I make no secret of the fact that I have no wish to rule, however I also wish to see my uncle's lands preserved in a manor fitting him. He was a good man, and an honest man, his people deserve no less in his successor than that. If the decision is made by those gathered here for me to rule I will dedicate myself to trying to honour the memory of Walton, if not then so be it, but know this I will not see Walton's enemies and rivals tear apart this barony like the jackals and vultures they are!"

With that he turns to Grok, who he had long ago been taught by Walton to treat as an equal, and with sadness welling up inside of him he asked,

"Grok you were with him during his final hours, tell me what were the last words my uncle spoke?"
"Great men do not rise to power, but have power thrust upon them. You could share the responsibility with trusted friends, it's not without risk, but may alleviate your concerns.

I remember his words as if they were etched into my memory with a blade.

'Should something happen to me, summon the people I trust the most. Also, summon Sir Fharin, another man whom I would like to hear what says in that paper. Summon Astaron and Lord Slenthan. Even though I hate these two gentlemen, I want them to hear what it says. Once they're all gathered, read that paper. DON'T open it yet. You'll know when the occasion for doing that will sound right. Grok, my friend, I'd ask of you to leave now. We'll talk. I need some time alone.'

The hour was late and I retired to my chamber. I woke two hours later to check on him and discovered him de... still. It seems he passed moments after I had left him.

Tags
banestorm, caithess, civil war, mass combat, yrth