Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2009, 09:13 AM   #1
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Magnifying disturbance

How far away does one disturbance have to be from another to avoid "magnifying?"

The situation arose in our game the other night. A Malakite had engaged with and killed four human muggers, getting badly wounded in the process. This happened roughly across the street from the condo where a local Cherub of Protection lives (and where the Malakite had originally been heading). The Malakite and the disturbance reached the Cherub at roughly the same time.

The Cherub healed the wound, of course. It was still within the time frame of the echoes. But was it far enough away to keep from adding to those echoes itself?

Keep in mind:

1) That this was separated by the width of a modern city street, both sidewalks, any landscaping on either side, and pretty much the width of the house. (The Malakite had circled around and come in a window in the back, so everything was about as far from the front door as it could be.)

2) That the healing disturbance was caused by a different being than the one who created the killing disturbance. (Pretty sure that doesn't matter, but I thought I'd bring it up in case it squares with anyone's theories.)

Thoughts, theories?

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angels, demons, disturbance