Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 01-24-2010, 07:01 PM   #171
Yukimura

Default Re: Member House Rules

When you have Feet worse than death and get cursed with big feets, you don't lose your Feet worse than death but get a double bonus, since you now have Big feet worse than death. :)
That's one of our house rules.
Yukimura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:45 AM   #172
Jarlaxle

I haven't seen this exact one in this thread, and if it was I apologize, since there are over 100 replies it's hard to remember all of them. With that out of the way 1 I just thought of the other night was if you have 2 of the same set mixed (example, if you have Munchkin Fantasy base set, then bought the Holiday Edition so therefore have 2 of all those cards) you can wander in the same monster as a Mate. Example if Player A is fighting Mr. Bones, and Player B has a Mr. Bones in her hand, she could play it without aid of a wandering monster card, and have it be like Mate. All the same bonuses and penalties would apply as well. The only resriction would be that you couldn't play the same monster enhancer on the same monster. You couldn't have the "Enraged, Enraged, Mr. Bones", but if you had Mr. Bones and the Platycore you could have the "Enraged Platycore" and the "Enraged Mr. Bones".
Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:54 PM   #173
Palikin

We have a few house rules of our own when I play:

1. Potion of Cowardice cancels out Potion of Idiotic Bravery or Helm of Courage (and vice versa)
2. Thief cannot steal at level 1 unless he wants to risk losing his Thief Class (Less violent than death, and still a worthy risk, depending on the item you're going after)
3. Any Monster with the name 'Fairy' in the title can be played with the Sparkly Good Fairy without a Wandering Monster card.

There are a few others, but I can't think of them at the moment. We did at one point come up with the rule that Jake couldn't be a thief, just because he kept drawing it (we have about 6 thief cards in our expanded set), and it was making things really irritating for everyone else, but that's not a standing rule.

We follow the 'this person is knocked out' rule when someone leaves the table. Can't be stolen from, etc.

And we also made our own card, called Accio.

Accio: You may cast a summoning charm at any time. Retrieve any card from any Munchkin deck (even if that deck is not currently in use), so long as that card is not currently in someones hand or in play.
If you can find a Harry Potter Trading Card, you gain a level. (two if you currently are using any item with the name 'wand' in it.)
If you are a Wizard, you may keep the item instead of using the spell, for a +4 bonus. The item then takes 1 hand.
Usable once only if used as a spell.
No Value
Once used it goes into the Discard Pile like any other card.
(Currently it's in the treasures pile)

We're Potter Geeks here, so it's a fun card. (I drew a lovely illustration! =D)

We also have a 'Giggling Commando" card, who is a fairy as well, and can be sent to the SGF without a Wandering Monster Card.
Level 12. Can't remember the rest of it, I never fought him myself.

We're also working on a whole new Race and dungeon. Dungeon is Labrynth, and the Race is Minotaur.
The Minotaur cannot get lost in the labrynth, and has an automatic +2 when inside it.

Also, yes, we think too much. :P
Palikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:21 PM   #174
Puuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palikin View Post
And we also made our own card, called Accio.

Accio: You may cast a summoning charm at any time. Retrieve any card from any Munchkin deck (even if that deck is not currently in use), so long as that card is not currently in someones hand or in play.
If you can find a Harry Potter Trading Card, you gain a level. (two if you currently are using any item with the name 'wand' in it.)
If you are a Wizard, you may keep the item instead of using the spell, for a +4 bonus. The item then takes 1 hand.
Usable once only if used as a spell.
No Value
Once used it goes into the Discard Pile like any other card.
(Currently it's in the treasures pile)

We're Potter Geeks here, so it's a fun card. (I drew a lovely illustration! =D)
What do you have to tie this to the Hairy Potter card? (Gorilla at a clay spinning wheel)
Puuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:08 PM   #175
DHM

We play with Madness Schizophrenia allowing one pass around the table to add on more personalities. Say if player 1 gets this madness from kicking down a door and gets a second personality of Monster Whacker, player 2 to his left can throw on another class, and so can 3 and 4 and so on until it gets back to Player 1. Instead of rolling a d6 though to decide class on combat, they roll a different die based off total personalities.

Example:

Human Professor is normal
Madness personalities:
Monster Whacker
Super Munchkin Investigator/Cultist
Cleric

with 4 personalities a d4 would be rolled, 1 being normal, 2 the MW, 3 the I/C, and 4 the Cleric. I keep a variety of dice in my munchkin box just for this card, makes things extra comical in our games.

Of course, that was also the cause for a created card of ours, Psychoanalyze, which takes moves a madness from one player to another, status being kept intact.
DHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:20 PM   #176
supermunchkin

I hate the cultist rule in cthulu so i play with out it... it makes the game last longer which to me equals more fun
supermunchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:43 PM   #177
Blu

I thought about making a rule where we start with two cultist cards already in the little discard pile. We never seem to get them out.
Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:40 PM   #178
supermunchkin

I just got the Unnatural Axes expansion for fantasy and with the Katrina card when any one from Louisiana is fighting it it is +5 and they cant run away but when the person fighting it is from New Orleans its +10.
supermunchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:24 AM   #179
MunchkinMan

That's odd. . . Katrina's not in Unnatural Axe. . . Perhaps you mean Need For Steed?
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:30 AM   #180
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
I thought about making a rule where we start with two cultist cards already in the little discard pile. We never seem to get them out.
We're actually adding this as an optional rule in the next printing of Cthulhu; it came up during our playtests of ... wait, that would be telling.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
combining different, doors, dummy hand, epic, extras, funny, gambling, gameplay, house rules, multi-deck, munchkin, munchkin zombies, new way to play, rules, rules variant, team, teams, two player, zombie dice