Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin Collectible Card Game

Old 02-15-2018, 07:33 AM   #1
Ulairi

Default Munchkin CCG themes boxes and sleeves

I know that you guys will be having organized play kits for the game. Any chance that we will be able to purchase deck boxes and sleeves with the card backs on them? Or have them included with the OP kits? Play mats are fun but having a nice box to carry my decks in would be another cool thing.
Ulairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:21 AM   #2
Mister Ed

Default Re: Munchkin CCG themes boxes and sleeves

Heck, even a simple cardboard deck box would be nice. I was a bit surprised that the starters didn't come with a tuck box for each deck. Guess I've been spoiled by other CCGs.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:39 AM   #3
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

These are things that we could look at producing down the road if the game does well enough to make the time and expense worthwhile. For now, we're still spending a lot of time learning how to make a CCG, much less ancillary materials.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 09:10 AM   #4
Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
These are things that we could look at producing down the road if the game does well enough to make the time and expense worthwhile. For now, we're still spending a lot of time learning how to make a CCG, much less ancillary materials.
I'm going to make a suggestion for the game to help out: Please create a volunteer network for people to become tournament organizers/demo team. A big thing that helps drive CCG to have active communities (and sales so active revenue) is having people to play with and play with regularly.

We need to have a way to schedule and run events separate from having the store owners take responsibility because a lot of times they won't unless they are prompted by players. I know the OP Kits cost some money but back in the day when I was a volunteer TO for Decipher and the Lord of the Rings CCG, I have the ability to schedule events and get a kit shipped to the store for our events. That really helped out.

Unless we luck out where the owner/employee actively play the game a lot of shops do not do a good job of selling the inventory on their shelves. Munchkin is a big enough brand that having that being able to be done by active players can help drive engagement.

Anyway, I'm sure you guys have thought about all of this but I really hope something like this is in the works.
Ulairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 04:58 PM   #5
HunterS
Marketing Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulairi View Post
I'm going to make a suggestion for the game to help out: Please create a volunteer network for people to become tournament organizers/demo team. A big thing that helps drive CCG to have active communities (and sales so active revenue) is having people to play with and play with regularly.

We need to have a way to schedule and run events separate from having the store owners take responsibility because a lot of times they won't unless they are prompted by players. I know the OP Kits cost some money but back in the day when I was a volunteer TO for Decipher and the Lord of the Rings CCG, I have the ability to schedule events and get a kit shipped to the store for our events. That really helped out.

Unless we luck out where the owner/employee actively play the game a lot of shops do not do a good job of selling the inventory on their shelves. Munchkin is a big enough brand that having that being able to be done by active players can help drive engagement.

Anyway, I'm sure you guys have thought about all of this but I really hope something like this is in the works.
We are running things through stores, that is unlikely to change, but we have already started with a volunteer program in the same vein and closely related to our MIB program. This will expand as time goes by, but currently we're keeping the volunteer program and events tied closely to retailers.
HunterS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:27 AM   #6
wittzo

The Flower and Spyke standard size card sleeves are a good start.

You could have class specific sleeves with a simple action scene or some sort of art on the sleeves and have matching deck boxes. Gameplus could make them, since they're already the ones making the existing sleeves for SJG. You could use the art from the X class cards.

Southern Hobbies has their exclusive Munchkin CCG playmat.
wittzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:39 PM   #7
Sativa Psyborg

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittzo View Post
The Flower and Spyke standard size card sleeves are a good start.

You could have class specific sleeves with a simple action scene or some sort of art on the sleeves and have matching deck boxes. Gameplus could make them, since they're already the ones making the existing sleeves for SJG. You could use the art from the X class cards.

Southern Hobbies has their exclusive Munchkin CCG playmat.
Can I ask what you mean by that last sentence? Did someone make a custom playmat for the CCG? If so, I would love to get my hands on one or two. Playing at the release event last weekend, this was something I got asked about the most.
Sativa Psyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 02:33 AM   #8
Owzat1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sativa Psyborg View Post
Can I ask what you mean by that last sentence? Did someone make a custom playmat for the CCG? If so, I would love to get my hands on one or two. Playing at the release event last weekend, this was something I got asked about the most.
Katie Cook mentions in her interview that the hardest thing to design was the playmat. So there might be some official ones at some point. I have seen a photo of someone using a Thief Elf Playmat on twitter, but don't know if its an official one or a prototype or fan made one.
Owzat1982 is offline   Reply With Quote