Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 08-09-2019, 09:42 PM   #11
sparky00

Default Re: How do you plan to organize your counters?

I'm still conflicted on this.

I have a copy of ODE I acquired a couple years ago.

I have a spare ODE box with tray & garage that I use for sponsored counter sheets, reskins, custom counters, etc.

The 3D units will go in the garage of the spare ODE box.

From an Order of Battle standpoint, it would make sense to store the new faction counters with their associated factions in the ODE boxes, but space may not be sufficient.

I'm also considering storing the new maps in the spare ODE box and making a custom insert for the Battlefields box to hold the various faction counters. I really like the tray arrangement for storing counters - keeps them from sliding around and makes them quick & easy to handle.

For games/travel, i use ziplocks, but i like to have organized tray storage.

I also use the dividers from BGG. It would be great some for the new Battlefields counters.
sparky00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 07:27 PM   #12
ianargent

I've got my counters sorted factionally in small bits boxes from home despot. The 2.5d units and buildings are in larger bitz boxes (equivalent to Plano boxes) semi-factionally.

I'm probably gonna break out a set to have a "portable" Ogre set (probably the O6E counters and ogres, though probably not in the garage it came in)
ianargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 08:44 AM   #13
Misplaced Buckeye

Just finished posting this weekend my organization efforts. Basically the equivalent of 4 ODE plus the updates.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/114841403769/permalink/10157513503803770/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1148...7513175753770/

Hope it helps anyone.
Misplaced Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 03:17 PM   #14
Oldgamer72

I, (foolishly), thought I had my storage situation figured out until today. My Son went with his Mom to swim at Grandma's, so I have the afternoon to myself. I was going thru counter sheets needing to be punched/stored and what my current storage solutions are and it's no where near adequate. I mainly use Home Depot sourced organizers(HDX/Husky) and Sterilite so I really don't want to change horses midstream. Looking for dividers I can 3D print now or I may have to design some myself to further divide my containers. I might add I'm bit anal when it comes to organization. This is alot of cardboard!

I haven't even started figuring out how I want to store the minis....
Oldgamer72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 02:50 PM   #15
Bowser

Earlier this week my copies of Battlefields came in along with the M4 and M5 Playmats. Love all the Ogrey Goodness.

But there is Just. So. Much. Cardboard!

Way back when, I naively thought that I would keep all of my 2-D counters and tokens and overlays in one container. Ha!

So if I use multiple containers, should I separate the units by faction or by type of unit (HVYs, GEVs, etc.). Or is there a third way?

Ideas?

Bowser
Old 08-28-2019, 07:08 PM   #16
sparky00

I have my ODE, sponsored & O6E counters organized by set, faction, then unit type. My current plan is to maintain that - so Battlefields counters will stay with Battlefields. Then sorted by faction and unit type. To whatever degree is practical.

I store all the sponsored sheets in a spare ODE box I snagged off Ebay. I plan to store the Battlefields 3D units & maps in there, then make a custom insert for the Battlefields box to store the 2D counters in rows, similar to the ODE tray. Hope to start prototyping the insert this weekend.

Will post pics, if successful.
sparky00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 10:48 PM   #17
Oldgamer72

My 2D counters are in Home Depot Husky organizers by faction. Factions include counters from all games/supplements mixed together(ODE,O6E,Reinforcements,Battlefields,Spons er Sheets,etc). To get everything to fit, I designed and 3D printed out dividers to subdivide the compartments. The various overlays, markers and dice are in HDX/Husky containers.

The 3D counters for NAC and PE are in the garages which are stacked in a large Sterilite container (the other factions are in stacking Husky containers that lock together). On top of the garages in the sterilite container are two Sterilite containers containing the hard maps and various rules and scenario books.

The neoprene maps are still rolled in their shipping box(need to get a better solution).

No idea what I'm doing with the miniatures at this point.

I don't use the original boxes. The form factor just doesn't work and they'll get destroyed. ODE may end up on my office wall one day.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:54 PM   #18
Oldgamer72

I finally got the dividers I mentioned in my previous post designed and printed. I have uploaded the design to Thingiverse ( https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3848874 ) and if you have a 3D printer or know someone who does, you can print them to your hearts content. The dividers are for the Home Depot HDX 2-sided organizer.
I use these for my 2D counters. By using the dividers I designed, I was able to store and organize the NAC and PE into a container each(both sides) and the other 6 factions into one half each in three more containers. As many of you do, I have all the available large format ODE/6E counters(many in multiples) with the exception of the elusive Ranger counters(to dream...). These helped greatly in fitting everything in as few containers as possible in an organized and neat way.
I use these containers because they are readily available, cheap and work for me.
Hopefully someone else will find use for these also.
Old 09-08-2019, 08:52 AM   #19
ColBosch

If/when Ogrezine 3 comes around, I'll poke Wolf and see if the Rangers can't get reprinted. It seems like the perfect place for them.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 01:26 PM   #20
Oldgamer72

A reprint and fleshed out ruleset would be very nice. Rangers or other special infantry would be a good addition as long as they are worth the points. Don't want to overcomplicate things, though. I'd still want them either way, they make an interesting addition to the lore.