Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-18-2019, 10:45 AM   #51
naloth

Default Re: Godlike Abilities [Powers]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
That only applies to attacks if they have exactly the same Malf., 1/2D, Max, Shots, and Recoil, otherwise they are considered two separate attacks (Basic, p. 106).
That is not what that says. It gives you permission to resolve abilities with identical stats together in one roll. It doesn't any anything about allowing you to have multiple actions any more than it allows you to have free coffee on Wednesdays.

Quote:
Since they are two separate attacks, they should be able to target two separate targets, especially if their basic natures are radically different. For a non-attack example, look at how they used Link in the See Invisible example in Horrors, p. 18.
I'll check that example when I have time, but Link doesn't negate any of the limits for using a single ability (since they are treated as 1 activation) for targeting or attacking multiple targets. You follow exactly the same rules and limitations using 1 innate attack to attack multiple targets vs 2 linked innate attacks to attack multiple targets.
naloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 10:47 AM   #52
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldric View Post
You could consider it a single power where you transfer luck from one character to the other, but I'm sure there are other ways to model such a skill
Well, only if you were using the 10% version of Link. Relative to Compartmentalized Mind with Mentalism, No Mental Separation, and Limited (One Ability), it's 14 points cheaper. Bring generous, and calling only able to use both halves of one advantage -50% (probably too cheap), is still a 4 point difference. Given the context, it would make more sense to have full blown Compartmentalized Mind (it is a god after all).
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 11:16 AM   #53
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
It's an official enhancement, but I don't know from where. Enraged Eggplant uses it all the time in his spells.
Found it, "Improved", from Thaumatology: Sorcery, p.19, +10%. I stand corrected.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:41 PM   #54
Plane

rather than Cosmic (Ignores Damage Reduction +300%) I think because Damage Reduction comes in multiple tiers (much like Hardened does) perhaps negating it should also come in levels like Armor Divisor does?
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 10:52 PM   #55
Prince Charon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
rather than Cosmic (Ignores Damage Reduction +300%) I think because Damage Reduction comes in multiple tiers (much like Hardened does) perhaps negating it should also come in levels like Armor Divisor does?
That makes sense to me, for what it's worth.

"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.
Prince Charon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 11:21 PM   #56
AlexanderHowl

Armor Divisor and Hardened are both enhancements though while Damage Reduction is an advantage, so you are comparing apples to oranges. Now, I could see make Damage Reduction into an enhancement for DR, with Damage Multiplier being an enhancement for Innate Attacks.

In that case, Damage Reduction would be a 50% enhancement for DR, with injury divided by (DR/10, minimum 1), with Armor Divisor having no impact on Damage Reduction. Damage Multiplier would be a 100% enhancement for Innate Attack, with injury multiplied by (Innate Attack Level/10, minimum 1), with Hardened having no impact on Damage Multiplier. In that case, a character with DR 20 could have Damage Reduction /2, DR 30 could have Damage Reduction /3, DR 40 could have Damage Reduction /4, etc.
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
damage reduction, hardened, powers