Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 10-21-2019, 01:45 PM   #1
Dalin

Default Trétrold as a PC race

I enjoyed reading the "Tree People" article in the Pyramid Dungeon Collection. I'm intrigued by the idea of sessile trees sending a spiritual projection of themselves on adventures. This made me also wonder about motile plants as a possible race for PCs.

The trétrold from Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 2 is a good beginning since they aren't overly monstrous. As they stand, however, they're too powerful. Perhaps, though, there are young saplings that occasionally team up with regular adventurers to go on quests. Has anyone tried speccing them out as a DFRPG-style race? Can they be made unique and interesting without costing more than 40 points (the current maximum cost for Cat-Folk)?
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 04:32 PM   #2
Refplace

Default Re: Trétrold as a PC race

I have my own version of Tree Folk but there not suitable for adventures and I may create a sub species that is.
I like the Tree Folk write up.
Basically drop the Clairsentience [245] and No Legs (Sessile) [-50] and you have an affordable playable race.
Add the profession package and I get a 55 point race,including its primary profession.
That leaves an effective combat character, though not that tough and plenty of points in a DF game for more stuff or a hybrid class type lens.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
races, tree people, trétrold