Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 12-09-2010, 08:39 AM   #11
White Avatar

Default Re: MQ and using regular munchkin.

I would love to... but I don't know the rules on these forums (and I don't want to get into trouble O.o). Would this be ok Mods?
White Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:15 AM   #12
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Avatar View Post
I would love to... but I don't know the rules on these forums (and I don't want to get into trouble O.o). Would this be ok Mods?
Sure. Just post 'em in the house rules thread.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:35 PM   #13
White Avatar

Alright, I'll try and do that tomorrow or Monday. I'll go through and make sure that they look alright. It will be posted as a link.

Just to warn you, the rule-set is basically a rewrite of the entire rule-set of MQ plus a few House Rules as it added in alot of the TCG into it, so its around 30 pages. It is basically a completely different game than MQ, although it is very similar. Read it first before attempting to play by them as there are some dynamics with deviate from both the board game and TCG in the spirit of combining them together and it uses all of the old races, classes, steeds, hirelings, etc. from the TCG.

It makes sense and flows really well ingame, but written down it looks like alot. I also am not a professional writer or editor so that may show through as well. :p

Last edited by White Avatar; 12-09-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:16 PM   #14
Quaff_fu

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimhead View Post
Though I haven't checked these out myself, if you look through the member house rules sticky, the forums at BGG, or simply browse the forums here, you might find ideas other munchkins have had about incorporating the card game with the board game.
Cheers.
I read every Thread in this Forum and I believe this is the only one that actual has someone saying they try this. I have tried to add my own custom made Cards, Rooms, and Links to the game one at a time. Adding a hole set of Munchkin cards would be a nightmare to me, because the cards have nothing to do with Rooms, Links, Monster movement, etc. You have to reinvent every card to match this. My suggestion is to add just a little bit at a time to keep the game interesting, and to work out the bugs that keep players arguing.

Pat

Last edited by Quaff_fu; 12-12-2010 at 06:23 AM.
Quaff_fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:51 PM   #15
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaff_fu View Post
Then Submit it to SJG,
Pretty sure Pat's joking here, but if not: we're not open to game submissions at this time, nor are we interested in publishing any official rules for adding Munchkin cards to MQ or vice versa.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:40 AM   #16
White Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaff_fu View Post
I read every Thread in this Forum and I believe this is the only one that actual has someone saying they try this. I have tried to add my own custom made Cards, Rooms, and Links to the game one at a time. Adding a hole set of Munchkin cards would be a nightmare to me, because the cards have nothing to do with Rooms, Links, Monster movement, etc. You have to reinvent every card to match this. My suggestion is to add just a little bit at a time to keep the game interesting, and to work out the bugs that keep players arguing. Then Submit it to SJG, and then brag to me that you came up with this first.

Pat
First of all, Monday is probably the realistic timeframe to get these rules posted as Graduate School is a beast.

Second, these rules are in no way trying to be an official Munchkin Rule Set, nor a game submission. They are simply my House Rule set that someone asked to try out.

Sorry if I created confusion in the matter.

Tags
munchkin cthulhu, munchkin quest