Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 02-20-2009, 01:47 PM   #1
Leintati

Default Questing the other games.

After giving munchkin quest many play throughs I must say I think it is the best rpg related board game/ board game in general I have played in years. My enjoyment in this game has made me wonder will we see any of the other munchkin card games redesigned into a core quest game with its own expansions, expansions to supplement and alter the current MQ, or in the form of a conversion kit to allow the conversion of other munchkin card game sets into the MQ core.

Now I know that it is probably against policy for developers to leak out such plans or intents so that is not what im asking. What I am asking is what the community here thinks of the idea of such things and in what form would they prefer to see the other card games turned into a MQ version.
Leintati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:04 PM   #2
zack_black

Default Re: Questing the other games.

Well I hope that most/all of the Vanallia treasure/curses/monsters from Munchkin show up in future expansions of MQ.

"Observe the snow. It fornicates."
zack_black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:23 PM   #3
Cheddar Limbo

Star Munchkin has always been my favorite Flavor, so I think I'd like to see that one as the next Quest variant. But I think it would need to be something markedly different. Maybe still have random discovery elements, but have a different overall objective to achieve.
Cheddar Limbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 03:41 AM   #4
Leintati

Star Munchkin is where I got my start in the Munchkin game and had a blast that one would be nice to see in this format. Two I would very much like to see done in a MQ format would be Munchkin Booty and Munchkin Cthulhu.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:39 AM   #5
Quaff_fu

With using the MQ format I think:

Bites would be the easiest. You would be in a Haunted House with Room Tiles. You could have a new ‘Stair Link’.

Fu is a little harder. It could have Allie Links and Shop (restaurant, launder mat, sushi bar) Tiles.

Star would be harder, but you would be in a Space Station.

Super and GBM would be very hard with all the moving around.

Booty would be very hard with the ships and all.

Never played Cthulhu.

Pat
Old 02-21-2009, 01:43 PM   #6
Leintati

Well space I dont see being that difficult as like you said you would be in a space station so its just a matter of mapping it out in individual room tiles.

As for booty I could see it done with ocean/island tiles linked together with ocean links providing various obsticles like they do now with MQ.

Cthulhu leaves alot of choices with room tiles being set around many different places commonly explored in a typical call of cthulhu game.

Thinking about it I think it would be enjoyable if with the original MQ they created rules and perhaps special tiles/links that let you leave the dungeon to expand the playing board allowing players to move their adventure into different locals for example a forest.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:50 PM   #7
Leintati

I read somewhere that posting your own ideas here for the game is not something that they like you to do for legal reasons. With that in min I would like to clarify now that anything I post that may seem like an idea for the game is nothing more than my own predictions of where they might go with this.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:12 PM   #8
Quaff_fu

[QUOTE=Leintati]I read somewhere that posting your own ideas here for the game is not something that they like you to do for legal reasons. [QUOTE]

We’re talking in more general ideas, not a specific submittable Card or Room Tile idea. But if I’m wrong the hierarchy will say so.

Pat

Last edited by Quaff_fu; 02-21-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Quaff_fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:32 PM   #9
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

We don't have any other genre versions planned at present. Given the effort involved in design and playtesting of a core Quest set, I wouldn't expect to see one before late 2010 or 2011, and this is by no means a promise of one at all.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 02:00 AM   #10
Leintati

Can easily understand the time and work put into the making of MQ which would suggest that if any other versions of the game would be coming out they wouldn't be here for quite some time. Hopefully they will become a possiblity, but if not that is ok it is fun to imagine how they might be played out.