Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 11:24 PM   #11
Malkavman

Default Re: Can you monster-morph on a boss fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unchangable Rules
Nothing can move the Boss Monster(P. 11) out of the Entrance, change it to another monster, or keep it from fighting.
Seems like the morph cannot be used to me.

"I wouldn't even take a whiz on this! I used to DREAM of taking a whiz on this!" - The Monarch
Old 01-04-2009, 11:38 PM   #12
alexonfyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkavman
Seems like the morph cannot be used to me.
I'm reading the rulebook (page 11) right now, and it doesn't say that it can't be changed/morphed. It only says that it can't be moved from the entrance or prevented from combating.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:39 AM   #13
MunchkinMan

The original question, however, seems to have been, "Can we morph a Boss Monster that has already been modified," to which the answer is, "No." If I'm incorrect in this assessment, someone needs to say so.

I would think that, since this card affects a just-drawn Monster, and there is no specification that the drawing of the Boss Monster is sacrosanct, I'd say that you can play Monster Morph on any Monster after it has just been drawn, but not after it has been placed on a base, and most definitely not after it has been modified (which can't happen until after it has a base, for the yahoos that will now think it best to start modifying Monsters before they're even drawn).
MiB #1029
Old 01-05-2009, 05:43 AM   #14
alexonfyre

Oh yeah, if the monster has been in play long enough to have modifiers placed on it, then I would say that monster morph (regardless of which monster it is) can't be used, because it works "when a monster card is drawn" not "on any monster."
Old 01-05-2009, 04:59 PM   #15
tgape

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan
The original question, however, seems to have been, "Can we morph a Boss Monster that has already been modified," to which the answer is, "No." If I'm incorrect in this assessment, someone needs to say so.
It was only modified via a 'Back From the Dead'. That is, the drawn monster card was 'Back From the Dead', so we popped our good friend Mr. Bones, and very appropriately[1] made him into a super Undead (the effects of that card on Undead monsters). I apologize if my using the term 'Super-Undead' instead of the 'super Undead' that 'Back From the Dead' uses lead to confusion.

[1] He originally came up four monster draws previously, was defeated, and then had his 'Big Brother' appear to avenge him.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:14 PM   #16
Quaff_fu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan

I would think that, since this card affects a just-drawn Monster, and there is no specification that the drawing of the Boss Monster is sacrosanct, I'd say that you can play Monster Morph on any Monster after it has just been drawn, but not after it has been placed on a base, and most definitely not after it has been modified (which can't happen until after it has a base, for the yahoos that will now think it best to start modifying Monsters before they're even drawn).

So If I got this right. The Boss Monster can be Morph the instead it's drawing (which also means before it is modified).?

Morph is Change. The Unchangeable Rules don't like Change. Change is not good for the Boss. I'm Pat and I approve this message.

Last edited by Quaff_fu; 01-05-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:58 PM   #17
alexonfyre

Unless someone can cite a specific page number and passage that says the boss can't be changed (since it definitely can be modified as per the page 11 summary), I believe that changing the draw via monster morph is totally legal.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:40 AM   #18
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexonfyre
Unless someone can cite a specific page number and passage that says the boss can't be changed (since it definitely can be modified as per the page 11 summary), I believe that changing the draw via monster morph is totally legal.
I already said that it is legal. Do I need to close the thread to end pointless add ons?
MiB #1029
Old 01-06-2009, 11:06 AM   #19
Malkavman

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexonfyre
I was quoting from page 1. But if MM wants to amend the unchangeable rules, who am I to stop him.

"I wouldn't even take a whiz on this! I used to DREAM of taking a whiz on this!" - The Monarch
Old 01-06-2009, 12:40 PM   #20
Progmode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkavman
I was quoting from page 1. But if MM wants to amend the unchangeable rules, who am I to stop him.
Good catch.