Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 11-07-2008, 06:07 PM   #1
Progmode

Default Comments on MQ Promo Items

I just wanted to give a couple brief comment on the Pre-order items:

1) The Gold coin feels awesome. The Silver piece felt more like a toy, the Gold piece feels like a real coin. It makes a nice satisfying "ching" sound when you flip it, and a nice "thunk" when it lands on something hard. Excellent production value.

2) The coaster is like a bar coaster. They aren't made to last. The effects are cool, so I immediately took mine across the street to Staples and had it laminated for $1.52. I would highly recommend others do something similar if you want it to last.

3) The Promo Set is nicely done. I like the way the Troll works. The production quality is on par with the rest of the MQ tiles (which is to say, it is excellent).

Overall, great promo items. Thanks for taking the time to produce them, and please make more. ;-)
Old 11-07-2008, 07:56 PM   #2
duskblade

Default Re: Comments on MQ Promo Items

i would like to be able to get a few more but oh well
duskblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 07:53 AM   #3
D-Man

I pre-ordered my Munchkin Quest and never got my swag. )o: I have emailed the Orders department and am patiently (have no choice to) waiting a reply. I hope they are not all gone now!

Dennis
Old 11-08-2008, 08:22 AM   #4
Cheese8242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progmode
2) The coaster is like a bar coaster. They aren't made to last. The effects are cool, so I immediately took mine across the street to Staples and had it laminated for $1.52. I would highly recommend others do something similar if you want it to last.

This is a great idea. And although I have taken and gotten all my game boards (Dork Tower, Snits, AGTFOS, etc.) laminated, I dont think I would have thought about doing this with the coaster. I will diffently be doing this today.

As far as the rest of the Promo's go. Great job SJGames. They are completely the awesomeness. Heck, the entire game's production quality is awesome. I really love it.
MIB #4282

The Most Impressive Loser in the MQ Gauntlet
Cheese8242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:57 PM   #5
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese8242
Heck, the entire game's production quality is awesome.
Thank you. I hope others agree with you.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:06 AM   #6
Gawain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progmode
I just wanted to give a couple brief comment on the Pre-order items:

1) The Gold coin feels awesome. The Silver piece felt more like a toy, the Gold piece feels like a real coin. It makes a nice satisfying "ching" sound when you flip it, and a nice "thunk" when it lands on something hard. Excellent production value.

3) The Promo Set is nicely done. I like the way the Troll works. The production quality is on par with the rest of the MQ tiles (which is to say, it is excellent).

Overall, great promo items. Thanks for taking the time to produce them, and please make more. ;-)
I feel the exact same way. I feel like I can easily bend the silver coin, but of course I won't try. Then again, as far as I know, the silver piece was never a part of the Munchkin Quest Promo set (it doesn't even have any use for Munchkin Quest (yet?)). I was surprised, nay SHOCKED, to find it in my box. I had long since given up on the thought of ever getting my grubby hands on the elusive Munchkin Silver Piece. And now behold! It is finally in my grasp! {queue diabolical laughter}
Old 11-21-2008, 09:29 AM   #7
MIB2826

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawain
I feel the exact same way. I feel like I can easily bend the silver coin, but of course I won't try.
Inspired, I just tried and failed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawain
Then again, as far as I know, the silver piece was never a part of the Munchkin Quest Promo set (it doesn't even have any use for Munchkin Quest (yet?)). I was surprised, nay SHOCKED, to find it in my box.
It's not. It's part of the Warehouse 23's promotional action: atm, all orders get one.
MIB2826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:41 AM   #8
Gawain

Yup, realized that when I rechecked my order status. Didn't realize it had changed over to November before it shipped. Guess that means some more orders before Christmas ^^ They will make excellent tournament prizes.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:57 AM   #9
morleydotes
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIB2826
Inspired, I just tried and failed.

You, fail? Not possible. My world is spinning, my bookshelf of Munchkin is falling down, it's not possible. Perhaps, you just missed it by "that" much?

Pat
morleydotes is offline   Reply With Quote