Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 02-03-2010, 04:44 PM   #11
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: The most munchkinly win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Pee Kitty View Post
I'm curious as to why this was chosen. Is there a game reason why ROF shouldn't be mixed in, or was this just done to reward the player who spent the money on the KOM?
The latter. Figure if you're going to lay out a few bucks, you deserve to reap the benefit.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:29 PM   #12
Spaceknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
Pretty much what I already said. I'll see if we can post a PDF of the insert (but no promises about time; we're pretty swamped).
BoardGameGeek has a photo of it. Not a good quality scan, but readable if you just need a refresher.
Spaceknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:47 PM   #13
MetalKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthStone View Post
He was laughing until the dice were rolled, his '1' gave him a 62 and their combined 10 gave them only 58. Then he started sweating for a second when someone played re-loaded die on a '1' that one of the monsters rolled...
The re-roll was a '4' giving them... 61. He'd won that combat with nothing to spare but he did win it and gained 4 levels and 11 treasures out of the mix! He was now level 8.
This does not make any sense. A re-loaded die allows the person to set the dice to whatever number they want. Thus, it would have been a 6 and 63.
MetalKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:59 PM   #14
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalKid View Post
This does not make any sense. A re-loaded die allows the person to set the dice to whatever number they want. Thus, it would have been a 6 and 63.
Yup. Here's what the card says, "Play after any other player rolls any die, for any reason. Turn the die to the side you want. That's his roll."
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:02 PM   #15
EarthStone

You're right... It must not have been re-loaded die then because he did have to re-roll... (I wasn't looking at the cards they played, just observing the game at that point.) Don't have MQ in front of me to search through the cards for what he might have played...
EarthStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:54 PM   #16
Sydney

Something that's been bugging me, I was under the impression that a tied score was considered a loss by the player when in combat...

edit: Nevermind, he had a 62...monsters had 61...if I could read, I'd be almost dangerous...

Last edited by Sydney; 02-17-2010 at 09:57 PM.
Sydney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:25 AM   #17
MunchkinMan

It really doesn't matter, since the whole sequence involving the Kill-O-Meter was handled incorrectly. His die roll of a 1 gave him a 71, not a 62, since this would have changed his real 16 to a 17. Had this been played properly, a player using Re-loaded Die would have changed the player's die to a 5, giving him 21 on the Kill-O-Meter and thus a 12 for the combat.

Now, since we now think that Re-Loaded Die was not used (Do Over! perhaps?), the point becomes even mooter (is that a word?). Let's put it this way, the guy was pretty much likely to win given what we do know about the situation, now. If Re-Loaded Die was used, it was used poorly, and if Do Over! was used, it would have been pointless, because no one card is going to get a 58 up to a 71 after the dice have been rolled.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:33 AM   #18
MetalKid

The first game I played was rather interesting at the end. I was 4 spaces away from the entrance and level 4 (after like 3.5 hours). I sold enough items to get to level 9. I moved to the next room, fought, and killed the monster. I then moved to the 2nd room (we were playing the "fast" game with 6 people, so we each only had 2 movement) and killed another monster. I was now 2 spaces away from the entrance. Someone else was already level 10 and fought (and failed) to kill the boss twice already. I happened to draw the card that made you move like a monster, so I was able to get next to the entrance. However, there were 2 big monsters here, so I went into combat. I ended up not being able to beat them, so I had to run away. When I ran away, I ran to the entrance, so now I had to do the boss battle. People played cards to bring the monsters I ran away from, along with one or 2 other monsters into the boss battle. I pulled out all the stops, but I fell short. Luckily, there was a level 10 person next to the entrance, so I asked for their help. They did and so we both won! :)
MetalKid is offline   Reply With Quote