Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 12-18-2008, 02:52 PM   #11
Paul

Default Re: Monster Die colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeefy
I'm also a goofy gamer, but that doesn't mean that I am devoid of any shrewd business sense. I would've probably done the same if it were my call. I'm not trying to rock the boat... especially in the owner's house. (What? you have a boat in your house?) It was just an observation from a casual fan with no vested interest. Use the information as you see fit or dismiss it. Cheers.
Using the first supplement to increase the number of players in a game is practically standard operating procedure with the Euro-style publishers.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:44 PM   #12
Evil Roy Slade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil
The plan from the beginning was to release a 5-6 player expansion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Using the first supplement to increase the number of players in a game is practically standard operating procedure with the Euro-style publishers.
It worked for the Catan people, which is surely no small influence on the presentation of MQ.
Evil Roy Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 06:02 PM   #13
Progmode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Roy Slade
It worked for the Catan people, which is surely no small influence on the presentation of MQ.
Oy, you're not kidding. Not only did they create an expansion to add players 5 and 6, but they created another expansion (cities & knights?) that itself required a third expansion for players 5 and 6. :-p
Old 12-29-2008, 11:55 AM   #14
Alacrity Fitzhugh

... And they did it again with Seafarers of Catan. And a new expansion, too (the name escapes me).

So, one base game, three content expansions, and four 5-6 player expansions. Whew!
Alacrity Fitzhugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 02:28 AM   #15
Azuredarkness

And that is why I shall never buy Settlers products for myself.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:30 PM   #16
Sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuredarkness
And that is why I shall never buy Settlers products for myself.
IMO 5 and/or 6 player games are a nightmare. Building when it isn't your turn combined with all the extra time the players take.

4 Is the ideal number for most games.

I dont even think I would buy the 5 to 6 player expansion for MQ if there was one because frankly 4 player games take long enough as it is. I may try some of the suggestions some mentioned in these forums to shorten the game down.

Sentinel
Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 02:57 PM   #17
rek075

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel
IMO 5 and/or 6 player games are a nightmare. Building when it isn't your turn combined with all the extra time the players take.

4 Is the ideal number for most games.

I dont even think I would buy the 5 to 6 player expansion for MQ if there was one because frankly 4 player games take long enough as it is. I may try some of the suggestions some mentioned in these forums to shorten the game down.

Sentinel
The expansion adds other things besides 2 extra players though - more cards, more rooms, and traps. Plus, you always get the choice of 2 other colors :)
rek075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 05:29 AM   #18
Quaff_fu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel

Sentinel
Just because you buy and use the expansion, dose not mean you have to play it with 5 or 6 players.

Instead of playing options of 2 to 4 players. Your new options are 2 to 6 players.

Pat

Last edited by Quaff_fu; 01-01-2009 at 10:22 AM.
Quaff_fu is offline   Reply With Quote