Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 11:10 AM   #1
Tarento

Default Please clarify these rules for a noobie?

Hey guys, my friends and I played munchkins about 6 times now, and we're still getting used to the rulings. Yesterday's game brought up three questions, and I wasn't sure how to answer them exactly...Any help would be appreciated!! Thank you! :)

1) If a player must discard his/her cards to the lowest level player, but that player is dead, where do the extra cards go?

2) Before you give the cards to the lowest level player (During the Charity phase), are you allowed to sell your items? If not, what phase are you allowed to sell?

3) Can you carry a weapon that you cannot use (Is a warrior allowed to carry a weapon only usable by thieves)?

Last edited by Tarento; 06-24-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Please clarify these rules for a noobie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarento View Post
1) If a player must discard his/her cards to the lowest level player, but that player is dead, where do the extra cards go
Cards go to the lowest Level player that can receive them. That means if there's a non-dead player who is lower Level than everyone other than the dead guy, you would have to give the cards to him.

Quote:
2) Before you give the cards to the lowest level player (During the Charity phase), are you allowed to sell your items? If not, what phase are you allowed to sell?
Yes, you can sell Items to buy a Level before Charity. According to the rules, you can buy a Level at any time on your turn, as long as you're not in combat (p. 5). There isn't a specific single phase at which point you are only allowed to sell. So, let's say your turn has started. Want to buy a Level with something you got as Charity? Go ahead. You've just defeated a Monster and got some Items you can't use; buy a level if you can. You're out of Move, have too many cards, and can buy a Level before you have to give Charity; feel free to do so. . .

Also remember, the phases are sort of loosely structured, there's no forced pattern to how your turn must go because there are so many options you can use your Move for. Any time you're trying to decide what you want to do next is a time where you can take advantage of the opportunity to buy a Level as long as you have 1,000 gold pieces worth of gold and Items to buy it with.

Quote:
3) Can you carry a weapon that you cannot use (Is a warrior allowed to carry a weapon only usable by thieves)?
That's what your Pack (p. 16) is for: Carrying up to 2 Items that you cannot use.
MiB #1029
Old 06-24-2012, 03:56 PM   #3
Tarento

Quote:
That's what your Pack (p. 16) is for: Carrying up to 2 Items that you cannot use.
Thank you for the answers!

What do you mean by p. 16? The rulebook I have goes to page 6, same with the rules online.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #4
Brandy

You posted the question in the Munchkin Quest forum. Munchkin Quest is a board game inspired by the munchkin card game, and it has a 16 page rule-book.

The munchkin card game has its own forum, and has a 6-page rule book.

No worries -- its an easy mistake to make if you're not familiar with the board game. Do I presume correctly that you are referring to the card game? That would change MunchkinMan's answer to your question #3 slightly.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:08 PM   #5
Tarento

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
You posted the question in the Munchkin Quest forum. Munchkin Quest is a board game inspired by the munchkin card game, and it has a 16 page rule-book.

The munchkin card game has its own forum, and has a 6-page rule book.

No worries -- its an easy mistake to make if you're not familiar with the board game. Do I presume correctly that you are referring to the card game? That would change MunchkinMan's answer to your question #3 slightly.
FUUUUUU! Yes, I do. >_<
Old 06-24-2012, 06:15 PM   #6
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
20-page rule book. . .
MiB #1029
Old 06-24-2012, 06:18 PM   #7
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarento View Post
FUUUUUU! Yes, I do. >_<
I moved your original post to the Munchkin forum, and I'm closing this thread, since it clearly doesn't need to be expanded on. I'll leave it here simply because the answers are correct. . .
MiB #1029

Last edited by Archangel Beth; 06-26-2012 at 08:36 PM. Reason: you're =/= your, and I need the Nitpicking Essence. >_>
Closed Thread