Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 06:33 PM   #11
Munchykin

Default Re: Cleric abilities...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
Hold on there. If the Cleric's d10 power is used when the curse is just played, it is canceled. This means no sex change, no -5. If it is used later to remove an existing curse, the sex change can not be changed, but the -5 penalty is removed.
That's what I meant. "Cancel" was the wrong word choice in my first sentence.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:17 PM   #12
TimWH

Just my two cents ...

If the curse isn't cancelled immediately then the sex change goes through with corresponding -5 penalty on the next battle. No further roll to undo this.

The -5 penalty ISN'T a curse (the curse was the gender change). The -5 penalty is the effect of suddenly being a different sex and the distraction there of. Therefore, there should not be a roll at a future time to try and remove this -5 penalty - you have to simply get used to your 'new bod'.

Last edited by TimWH; 09-01-2010 at 04:25 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:49 PM   #13
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimWH View Post
Just my two cents ...

If the curse isn't cancelled immediately then the sex change goes through with corresponding -5 penalty on the next battle. No further roll to undo this.

The -5 penalty ISN'T a curse (the curse was the gender change). The -5 penalty is the effect of suddenly being a different sex and the distraction there of. Therefore, there should not be a roll at a future time to try and remove this -5 penalty - you have to simply get used to your 'new bod'.
I'm sorry, but both Andrew and I have given the official answer already. There's no need for adding any more pennies to the fountain, so I guess I should just close this thread.
MiB #1029
Closed Thread