Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 05:36 PM   #1
whitecloud197

Default Several Munchkin Quest Questions

Hey Guys,

After talking to a few retail sellers here in the city, who all played munchkin for several years, Highly recommended Munchkin Quest,

I bought it, played my first game last night, Very confusing the first time around when your trying to learn the rules.

So I have a few questions you guys might be able to answer:

1) How many Cards can you Hold in your hand ? I did not find reference to your hand max card size at all, I understand your Pack can hold 2 items, (played on the table) AND your belt, can hold infinate scrolls and potions, The belt Being one shot items.

Do the rules carry over that ONLY Items (Marked with gold price) can be played on the table ? the rules have no reference to that, so I assume ANY (one shot cards, not items) are included in your belt pack...

2) The Gold Pieces, what do you use them for ? I ran into 1 tile specifically that uses 500 GP to buy a Deus Ex Card up to 3 in your turn. Do you use gold Pieces for anything else in the game ?

3) We have often run into the problem when a monster is on the board, its trapped in the room. (Its a blue monster, and the arrow colors are red, green, orange, purple)

So on the monsters turn its trapped and cannot move....have there been any house rules to fix this ?

And on monster turns, assuming it is legal to move, only moves 1 room right ? theres not a dice roll to move 1-5 blocks that im missing ?

thanks for your time in answering these questions, I have more i just cannot remember at this time,
Thanks
Old 06-08-2011, 05:49 PM   #2
whitecloud197

Default Re: Several Munchkin Quest Questions

Another Question:

If you fight a monster, is your turn done ? or can you keep going (if you have 2 move tokes left to use for example)

So if you start your turn in a room which already has a monster in it, your in battle....after that battle can you continue to other rooms, and perhaps fight a second monster for that turn ?
Old 06-08-2011, 06:18 PM   #3
whitecloud197

Found another question:

Several times during battle we found ourselves facing a dilemma.....

Someone played a card that said "Use at any time, all monsters of that color, or all monsters within 3 squares of the affected munchkin, move 1 room closer"

Does that cancel battle and the monster moves 1 square closer ?

I believe 1 card was a curse, Magnetism or something, and all monsters within 3 blocks moves 1 room closer to the cursed munchkin.

I wasnt sure so we played it as if IMMEDIATELY the monster moves therefore canceling the battle.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:11 PM   #4
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud197 View Post
1) How many Cards can you Hold in your hand ? I did not find reference to your hand max card size at all, I understand your Pack can hold 2 items, (played on the table) AND your belt, can hold infinate scrolls and potions, The belt Being one shot items.

Do the rules carry over that ONLY Items (Marked with gold price) can be played on the table ? the rules have no reference to that, so I assume ANY (one shot cards, not items) are included in your belt pack...
At the end of your turn, you must have no more than five cards in your hand. You must find some way to get rid of the excess, or you have to give them away as Charity.

The only cards that may be played to the table are Items or cards such as Races and Classes.

Quote:
2) The Gold Pieces, what do you use them for ? I ran into 1 tile specifically that uses 500 GP to buy a Deus Ex Card up to 3 in your turn. Do you use gold Pieces for anything else in the game ?
You can turn them in as part or all of a payment for a level.

Quote:
3) We have often run into the problem when a monster is on the board, its trapped in the room. (Its a blue monster, and the arrow colors are red, green, orange, purple)

So on the monsters turn its trapped and cannot move....have there been any house rules to fix this ?
You're misunderstanding the monster movement rules. After each player turn, that player rolls the Monster Die. The monsters move according to the arrows that match the color rolled on the Monster Die. The monster's own color does not matter, except that a monster will not move out of a room occupied by the player with the same color. (So a red monster does not move out of a room containing the red player.)

Quote:
And on monster turns, assuming it is legal to move, only moves 1 room right ? theres not a dice roll to move 1-5 blocks that im missing ?
The monster keeps moving as long as the arrows match the Monster Die. However, monsters never "loop"; they stop immediately if they would otherwise have to enter a room they have already entered this turn.

Quote:
If you fight a monster, is your turn done ? or can you keep going (if you have 2 move tokes left to use for example
Your turn continues as long as you have Move left to use.

Quote:
Someone played a card that said "Use at any time, all monsters of that color, or all monsters within 3 squares of the affected munchkin, move 1 room closer"

Does that cancel battle and the monster moves 1 square closer ?
Yes, that card could end the battle by moving the monster to another room.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Old 06-12-2011, 09:04 AM   #5
whitecloud197

Andrew your amazing for answering all my questions, thank you so much, that really clears up a lot of confusion, but i just need clarification on 1 more thing,

monster movement,

ok so you roll the monster die to see what color the monster follows, if its a red, it follows the red arrows from room to room to room, until it runs into a room with no more red arrows and it stays there, so potentially the monster could move only 1 room.....or 6 rooms before it stops ?

And if you roll a monster die and a color comes up that is not a color of arrow in that particular room, the turn is just over ?
Old 06-12-2011, 09:33 AM   #6
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
ok so you roll the monster die to see what color the monster follows,
No, you roll the die once each turn and ALL monsters follow that color.

Quote:
so potentially the monster could move only 1 room.....or 6 rooms before it stops ?

And if you roll a monster die and a color comes up that is not a color of arrow in that particular room, the turn is just over ?
Both of these are correct, with the clarification I made above.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Old 04-19-2012, 01:27 AM   #7
Naugh

Default Buying a Level with Gold and cards

One of my questions went under. I'll just post it again. :)

When battling multiple monsters and running away, would a teleportation save you from all of them?

And I have one more question.

When buying a level, is it possible to combine say, a 600 gold card with 400 gold ?

EDIT:

Two more questions: If a card tells you to discard cards for some effect, can these be DxM or treasure cards?
Loaded and reloaded die only affect the d6, right?

Last edited by Naugh; 04-19-2012 at 04:31 AM.
Closed Thread