Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-17-2012, 05:44 AM   #1011
alexondria

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Zahirah would smile- though it doesn't really go all the way to her eyes, "I will make the deal- the Geasa that I tell demons that she called us in to deal with Kingman because he was more afraid of Angels and it would be more horrific for him."
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:13 AM   #1012
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
Zahirah would smile- though it doesn't really go all the way to her eyes, "I will make the deal- the Geasa that I tell demons that she called us in to deal with Kingman because he was more afraid of Angels and it would be more horrific for him."
Ruby nods thoughtfully. "Not what I asked for, but I'll take it. And I'll do my level best to get you out of here with your vessel intact. And one other person of your choice, because I like your offer."
Old 02-17-2012, 07:16 AM   #1013
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
He spreads his hands. "So, since we're all bein' reasonable ... take a look on the ground. Here and back by the side of the house. That's what happened with just two of us. Sure, you marked me up a bit, but I've seen worse."

"Thing is, what's gonna happen if you gotta face more than just me an' him? Or if things get ugly again? If you're smart, you'll give up now." His eye sees Sunae and her blade. " 'Cause I can guarantee, there's some folks 'round who ain't gonna be this nice. Not at all."
Sunae turns him around and shakes him violently before slapping him as hard as she can

"SNAP OUT OF IT!"
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:46 AM   #1014
alexondria

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Ruby nods thoughtfully. "Not what I asked for, but I'll take it. And I'll do my level best to get you out of here with your vessel intact. And one other person of your choice, because I like your offer."
Her voice is calm, "Let all the mortals go and I'll do both. I'll tell people that you asked us to take care of Kingman because it was the worst end for him and that I owe you currently. I have no problem helping you stay in control in LA at this time."

Last edited by alexondria; 02-17-2012 at 11:50 AM. Reason: remembered something that I forgot and she wouldn't have
Old 02-17-2012, 03:05 PM   #1015
Dalillama

Quote:
<<Update much appreciated>> Nisroc answers, and Glen's mind hears a kind of voice that makes it clear both who it's coming from and that he's sincere. <<But the Song of Stone, I'd be doing it on you and I need to know how to adjust the volume--do you want to be lightly hardened and still agile, or practically a statue and nigh-invulnerable? Or something in between?>>

Ryuki snickers in his head. <<Until they figure out how to go around it, dork!>>
<<I want to go back the way we came, honestly. Seriously, though, do I look like someone who does a lot of dodging? I want to not die when they inevitably shoot me or stab me is what I want. Ryuki, are we going to be doing some banishing here? Because otherwise I'd just as soon get while the getting is good.>>

Quote:
"And bravo, truly." 'Uncle Josh' doesn't seem particularly sarcastic when he says this. "But two professionals against a random pack of conscripts, I'm not terrifically surprised. Ruby really must learn better how to marshal her forces. Say, you haven't seen her have you? Around here maybe? She has some things to answer for." He checks his watch, mindful of the duration of the Song and what could happen when it lets go.

"But you're right--let's be reasonable. All her little minions--geas-bound I'm sure, that would explain the low desertion rate--would get sent back to Hell and it would just be you and me. And call me cocky, but I don't think that goes the way you think that goes. Look at us here, now. I could get in my car and just drive away. Then you'd have an awful mess to clean up, but if we cooperate...the neighborhood goes back to peace and we all win, you see?"
<<See, that's the kind of thing that makes me really want to be elsewhere, you know? A rogue god is bad enough, but this is way too many demons for my weight class. All I can do here is soak up bullets, and that isn't my kind of job.>>
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #1016
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Her voice is calm, "Let all the mortals go and I'll do both. I'll tell people that you asked us to take care of Kingman because it was the worst end for him and that I owe you currently. I have no problem helping you stay in control in LA at this time."
"How many mortals are we talking about here? Other than the Shedim and who I'm wearing. I like the idea in principle, but I won't protect a Disneyland-sized crowd."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
<<I want to go back the way we came, honestly. Seriously, though, do I look like someone who does a lot of dodging? I want to not die when they inevitably shoot me or stab me is what I want. Ryuki, are we going to be doing some banishing here? Because otherwise I'd just as soon get while the getting is good.>>
<<See, that's the kind of thing that makes me really want to be elsewhere, you know? A rogue god is bad enough, but this is way too many demons for my weight class. All I can do here is soak up bullets, and that isn't my kind of job.>>
<<Vaya con Dios then>> Ryuki thinks to Glen over the mental party line, trusting that any Californian knows that phrase. <<Banishing...I will have to teach you the fast way if you're going to keep hanging around with us.

<<Zahirah, Mitch, you in a safe-ish place? You need Essence? Glen's got plenty at the moment but he doesn't do war zones well.>>
Old 02-17-2012, 04:45 PM   #1017
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:

<<Vaya con Dios then>> Ryuki thinks to Glen over the mental party line, trusting that any Californian knows that phrase. <<Banishing...I will have to teach you the fast way if you're going to keep hanging around with us.

<<Zahirah, Mitch, you in a safe-ish place? You need Essence? Glen's got plenty at the moment but he doesn't do war zones well.>>
Even in Harmony, Kane's mind can't resist a little graveyard humor.

<<As far as Essence, his Uncle-ness out here left me flat,>> he chimes in,mentally. <<And if you want a fast way of banishin' demons, all you'd have to do is go in the garage, climb into the ice cream truck and turn the key. 'Course, that'd also banish the truck, the garage, the house an' anythin' near it, so it might not be considered a great line for a mortal-guy to try.>>

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #1018
alexondria

Zahirah's voice is soft, "3 on our side and I have no idea who you have with you"
Old 02-17-2012, 05:26 PM   #1019
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Zahirah's voice is soft, "3 on our side and I have no idea who you have with you"
"Three I can do, if they're reasonably cooperative. We have a deal."
Old 02-17-2012, 09:15 PM   #1020
alexondria

Zahirah would nod, "Just remember my cooperation is hinged on their survival, and my time is extended if I have to survive trauma before carrying out our deal"

Tags
in nomine