Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 09-17-2012, 12:40 PM   #501
dunrandomly

Default Re: Member House Rules

I wanted to play with all my decks too. I adapted the portal rule. On his turn a player can discard 3 cards to roll a die detemining what deck is next used. Or 4 cards to choose. So far I like the way it's played out.
dunrandomly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:09 PM   #502
Signboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunrandomly View Post
I wanted to play with all my decks too. I adapted the portal rule. On his turn a player can discard 3 cards to roll a die detemining what deck is next used. Or 4 cards to choose. So far I like the way it's played out.
That's an interesting way to go about it. And I mean interesting in a good way. I think I may try that out.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:53 PM   #503
Munchkin King

Default Re: House Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mental_Myopia View Post
When we get down one card in the hand, we yell "Uno!"
In Uno, if someone else says Uno before you do, you have to draw 4 cards: if the player down to one card can finesse someone else to say, "Uno," does he get to draw 4 cards?
Munchkin King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:49 PM   #504
Munchkin King

In our box of Munchkin Booty, the level gained by being killed by Davy Jones CAN be the winning level. We call that the Jack Sparrow win.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #505
Enzzo

Default Re: House Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin King View Post
In Uno, if someone else says Uno before you do, you have to draw 4 cards: if the player down to one card can finesse someone else to say, "Uno," does he get to draw 4 cards?
It'd be more punishing if failing to declare "Uno" would force you to discard 4 items from the table. ;)
Enzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:23 PM   #506
Munchkin King

In our Box of Holding Super Munchkin, Mystics are not prohibited from using Forewarned and Forearmed. We do not feel Mystics are sufficiently underpowered to justify the restriction, and it seems to us that Forewarned and Forearmed is very appropriate flavor for Mystics: it makes them like those Hindu gods with lots of arms.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:46 AM   #507
Snail Shell

When we have lots of folks over and one game of Munchkin just isn't big enough, we get two going side to side. We shuffle the blank cards into the decks. When one is drawn, that player stands up and yells "CHANGE PLACES!!"

Everyone drops their cards and finds another spot immediately and the games continue like nothing happened. All your scheming is for naught! :D

SS

-John Linnell
Snail Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:38 AM   #508
Enzzo

House rule related to this thread: For the card Midnight Munchkin Madness we count booster wrappers as "boxes." Initially we did that because we only had 1 proper box, but several boosters. But now that we have lots of each, it just makes the card more powerful (and therefore more fun!)
Enzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:14 PM   #509
darthjpp

During a few games the last month or so, we have a new house rule for blank cards.
When the decks are shuffeld, we mix in a few blanks, and when you get a blank card, you have to create it on the fly. They may not duplicate classes etc, but items, curses and various enhancers and cheats are ok. If a value are requierd, a Munchkin die are rolled.

Needless to say, most of them are quite internal, refering to events most of the group have participated in or heard about.

A favorite is the curse: Fell of the Bridge, loose your armor or sink.
Refering to an event where one of the members of our group fell into a small stream. He slipped on the wet wood of a footbridge, trying to show off his good balance and got wet, and we all hade a bit of a laugh :-)
He's a good sport and can take the joke.
darthjpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:40 PM   #510
Rev1L

I've been playing Munchkin during the lunch hour with some friends and we're trying to figure out how to make it last around 45 minutes. Yesterday we tried starting at level 4 and that actually ended to quick. Previous times we had to stop and the highest level player was between 6-8. Any thoughts?
Rev1L is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
combining different, doors, dummy hand, epic, extras, funny, gambling, gameplay, house rules, multi-deck, munchkin, munchkin zombies, new way to play, rules, rules variant, team, teams, two player, zombie dice