Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 02-04-2010, 12:56 AM   #31
Rudkin

Default Re: What to buy... What to buy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by three29 View Post
i didnt buy impossible for the reason that there were no expansions @__@
and why is fu 2 oop but not the base set on e23? or.. is fu oop altogether and warehouse is just selling out wtvs left? sorry if this is a little off topic
Given the claims that there will be several re-prints of Munchkin games this year, and the fact that Fu 2 is the only expansion without an icon, I suspect it may be getting reprinted with an icon of its very own (this is just guesswork on my part, though).

As for Impossible, I have it and like it. Unfortunately I rarely ever play it; if people are in the mood for a game of Munchkin (a depressingly rare occurance here), we usually play the original (Fantasy) version.

My only real complaint with Impossible is the need for the "Virtual Playboy" cards for British agents. I made some reference cards with the Playboy abilities recently when I was making my Character Sheet and Epic Reference Cards, which helps a lot. Otherwise, anyone who is British needs to already know what the Playboy abilites are (which is a problem if you play as infrequently as I do).

Lack of any expansions? No problem. It just means that you have a nice, complete game all in one box (not to say that the games that HAVE expansions are not complete without them, but some people may be under that impression). The only complaint I might understand is that, with the smaller deck (compared to a set + expansion) each game with the deck threatens to be somewhat similar to the game before it, but if you already have a variety of sets to play with, why worry? You can alternate what sets you play with to keep things fresh, after all!

~~~~~
Personally I'm thinking I should buy a copy of Star Munchkin next (either that or Clerical Errors... those Gnomes are tempting), but that's me (after all, I already have a copy of Impossible)!

If everyone got a copy of Impossible, then maybe they would think it was financially viable to make an expansion! Otherwise we (the fans) are shooting ourselves in the foot:
"I won't buy it because it doesn't have an expansion."
"We won't make an expansion because nobody buys it."
Rudkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:18 AM   #32
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudkin View Post
Given the claims that there will be several re-prints of Munchkin games this year, and the fact that Fu 2 is the only expansion without an icon, I suspect it may be getting reprinted with an icon of its very own (this is just guesswork on my part, though).
Give that man an exploding cigar.

Fu would actually be out of print right now, but we ran a short press run last year to fill up a shipping container (and we expect to be out of it by late spring). Fu 2 is basically out of print at our major distributors. New printings of both are on this year's schedule.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:41 AM   #33
munchkinmom

We really enjoy Impossible & I would definately buy any expansions for this set. Any plans on at least offering blanks for this set, since an expansion isn't in the works?
munchkinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:46 AM   #34
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchkinmom View Post
We really enjoy Impossible & I would definately buy any expansions for this set. Any plans on at least offering blanks for this set, since an expansion isn't in the works?
Blanks sell very poorly, I'm afraid, so I don't think we're planning any more.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buy, new sets, suggestions