Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 11-14-2008, 09:55 AM   #21
O'Keefe

Default Re: Munckin Quest Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mib2932
Played a game last night. One guy ended the game at level 8 and with about a dozen item cards in front of him. He had 1 combat of his own and helped with 1 other combat in the entire game. Got the rest by searching. He never took a single hit, either. OK, he didn't win, but he did well by playing conservatively.
Was he a Halfling Thief?

During playtest, before the Boss monster rule was added, a HT player won the game with only two fights. Every level between 2 and 10 he got by searching and selling stuff. That's one of the reasons the Looted Out concept got included.
will@sjgames.com
O'Keefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:08 AM   #22
kilnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed
This is on the back of the box.
*blush*

I totally didn't notice that. I'm used to it being on the front/sides with other games. I'll have to look more closely next time. You even put the little icons next to the text to make it easier to find.

*double blush*
kilnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:40 AM   #23
mib2932

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Keefe
Was he a Halfling Thief?
No. Human Warrior.
mib2932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:22 AM   #24
worms919

Good Strategy for avoiding Monster Mobs:

Kill the Monsters first time around!

Perhaps after a few games with this problem players will start the game a little more cooperativly so that monsters don't hang around too long.

Of course they'll eventually turn on each other, but that is half the fun...

Last edited by worms919; 11-14-2008 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Accidently hit send
worms919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:16 PM   #25
ShotGun_Jolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
... no players under 3."

Well, there goes my chance on being able to beat anyone.

But what about players who "act" like they are under 3? I still got a chance!

;-)
Old 11-17-2008, 08:55 PM   #26
Sean_Hanaginz

I had the great satisfaction of figuring out the game on my two12 hour night shifts with another Munchkin-holic. I love the game and can't wait to get use out of all four pawns when I get a group together. It took us a number of games to finally play it all the way through without looking at the rules to see if we missed anything. My only real complaint came about when trying to piece the tiles together.
When trying to connect doors to the rooms, the pieces seldom fit...like puzzle pieces that don't quite go together. The pieces that do fit are snug enough to where I'm afraid to take them apart too many times and risk the links deteriorating. I am real protective of my things...especially my Munchkin collection.
I love the game and won't stop playing it just because of the link issue, but I'm finding myself not even using the links and spacing the doors and rooms next to each other and not connecting them to extend the sleek look of the pieces. Is anyone else having this issue?
Old 11-18-2008, 06:47 AM   #27
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worms919
Perhaps after a few games with this problem players will start the game a little more cooperativly so that monsters don't hang around too long.
If you play Munchkin Quest as if it were Munchkin -- that is, nasty from turn one -- then the monsters are going to grow extremely powerful and difficult to defeat.

Adding monster modifiers to a monster should be thought through carefully, because the monster you buff up now may come by and kill you in a turn or two.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:49 AM   #28
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_Hanaginz
I love the game and won't stop playing it just because of the link issue, but I'm finding myself not even using the links and spacing the doors and rooms next to each other and not connecting them to extend the sleek look of the pieces. Is anyone else having this issue?
This is the first I've heard of the links causing problems. Our office copies are tight on the entrance, but every other tile/link fits nice and snug without any issues.

Just be careful when taking the board apart -- don't twist or yank on the pieces -- and your parts should hold up just fine. They were designed to fit together tight.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:26 AM   #29
Progmode

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed
This is the first I've heard of the links causing problems. Our office copies are tight on the entrance, but every other tile/link fits nice and snug without any issues.

Just be careful when taking the board apart -- don't twist or yank on the pieces -- and your parts should hold up just fine. They were designed to fit together tight.
In my copy, some pieces fit together great, others need a little extra to snap into place. I don't think it'll be a big deal in the long run as long as we take care to remove them carefully.

I do have one link that the top layer has come up on at one of the points, but it was a Junky Passage from the promo set and it was folded over like that before I punched it out. So it's not a wear and tear issue, but rather a minor initial defect.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:34 AM   #30
prinny_dood

I have noticed an issue with some links as well, didn't bother me too much but I thought I'd let you know that I have had issues with links fitting right as well.
prinny_dood is offline   Reply With Quote