Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 Digital

Old 06-30-2017, 07:29 PM   #201
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Re: The 2017 W23 Digital Release, GURPS stuff and Speculation Thread

GCA files for the DFRPG seem like a likely thing to want to have available soon.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:56 PM   #202
lachimba

http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/
Quote:
Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game News

Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game This bonus section will show up until we've released everything below. It's separate from Upcoming Plans because nothing here is a secret -- we've already shared titles and other details with the world. Also, the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game, while based on GURPS, is its own game.

Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game (Boxed Set)
Dungeon Fantasy GM Screen (Printed Screen and Booklets)

Dungeon Fantasy GM Screen Wow, this was a long haul! Work in earnest started in January 2016 and we finalized the files in April 2017. We were still putting finishing touches on the art and layout in the final weeks, but now both products are at the printer. They should be in shops by the autumn of 2017.

Dungeon Fantasy: Against the Rat-Men (PDF)
Dungeon Fantasy Magic Items (PDF)
Dungeon Fantasy Traps (PDF)

The three Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game stretch-goal items are all in the final, err, stretch. The PDFs are done and reviewed, and will be fully finalized by the time this update goes live. Oh, for those wondering about Against the Rat-Men: It's the second dungeon, which follows up the adventure in the box, I Smell a Rat.

Dungeon Fantasy Companion (Softback)

This add-on to the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game is a compilation of the three stretch-goal items above -- in print. It, too, will be finalized by the time you're reading this. It should be available via CreateSpace in the autumn of 2017, around the same time as the game itself.

Upcoming Plans

Here's what I can share about what else we're working on. Please remember that while we take our deadlines seriously, we aren't perfect and life happens: computers crash, people get sick, and so on. Nothing here has a precise date on it, and some of it might take a while to show up in future Recent Releases.

The GURPS Vehicles series will be PDF catalogs of ready-to-go vehicles (not a design system, which is still in the works). The first of these, by Phil Masters, is in production review.
A GURPS Dungeon Fantasy supplement by Matt Riggsby is in production. I really shouldn't give away too many details, but I will say that it's more on the adventure side than the abilities-and-stuff side.
The first GURPS Encounters project is in final-draft form and awaiting editing.
GURPS Tactical Shooting: Extreme Conditions, by Hans-Christian Vortisch, is in playtest. This follow-up to GURPS Tactical Shooting will tackle the difficulties of gunplay in less-than-ideal environments: desert, jungle, rocking ships, even outer space.
Bill Stoddard's latest supplement for GURPS Fantasy has passed its first-draft review and is on its way to playtesting.
Phil Masters' second installment in the new GURPS Steampunk series is also through first-draft review and on its way to playtesting.
PK is working on a new GURPS Monster Hunters volume when he isn't editing or reviewing other GURPS content.

I'm very surprised no one seems to be talking about the biggest chunk of GURPS news since the DFRPG kickstarter
lachimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 04:39 AM   #203
Dragondog
Never Been Pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachimba View Post

I'm very surprised no one seems to be talking about the biggest chunk of GURPS news since the DFRPG kickstarter
And what would that be? That GURPS News now is monthly rather than quarterly? I've seen that mentioned. What's happening with DFRPG? It has its own thread. Something else? If so, could you please specify what you think is "the biggest chunk of GURPS news since the DFRPG kickstarter"
Dragondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 05:48 AM   #204
lachimba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragondog View Post
And what would that be? That GURPS News now is monthly rather than quarterly? I've seen that mentioned. What's happening with DFRPG? It has its own thread. Something else? If so, could you please specify what you think is "the biggest chunk of GURPS news since the DFRPG kickstarter"
I pasted the news there.

Did you count the number of GURPS books upcoming?

Have you seen that many since September last year?
Old 07-06-2017, 08:38 AM   #205
TorgSmith

Quote:
I pasted the news there.

Well, we have known that DF Kickstarter has been taking much of the clock cycles for some time now.

I do like the fact that they have added more detail to what is planned to come out. They have not given us this level of detail in some time.
Old 07-06-2017, 08:50 AM   #206
Dragondog
Never Been Pretty

Quote:
I pasted the news there.

So what you're talking about is that there's a lot of stuff happening in GURPS-land? I wouldn’t have expected anything else now that DFRPG is on the roll.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:15 PM   #207
adm

Quote:
I pasted the news there.

I think that is very big news. From the last quarter of 2016 we were hearing statements along the lines of, "We are trying new things, if they don't work out we may need to reassess our priorities at SJGames." Which sounded to me like GURPS may be be coming to the end of regular support from SJGames. Not necessarily In Nomine level lack of support, but limiting new product to quarterly or less.
Old 07-06-2017, 06:59 PM   #208
lachimba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragondog View Post
So what you're talking about is that there's a lot of stuff happening in GURPS-land? I wouldn’t have expected anything else now that DFRPG is on the roll.
This is the W23, GURPS speculation thread. There are people over the top speculating about a few lines on a blog.

There were entirely zero comments over actual information about actual books.

This is entirely appropriate to post here.

Lots of GURPS releases is neither the norm nor the exception. Getting lots of info on them in advance IS unusual and is certainly of interest given there is a perpetual thread devoted to it.
Old 07-07-2017, 12:19 AM   #209
Dragondog
Never Been Pretty

Quote:
This is the W23, GURPS speculation thread. There are people over the top speculating about a few lines on a blog.

There were entirely zero comments over actual information about actual books.

This is entirely appropriate to post here.

Lots of GURPS releases is neither the norm nor the exception. Getting lots of info on them in advance IS unusual and is certainly of interest given there is a perpetual thread devoted to it.
There were several interesting things mentioned in the news. I wanted to know which one you were talking about.

I am not disputing that this is the appropriate place to post this.

I expected more GURPS stuff after the ogre of DFRPG was far enough along to allow them to focus on other things. News don’t usually get me excited, news of a GURPS Vehicle Design System might
Old 07-14-2017, 07:03 PM   #210
lachimba

Im genuinely wondering what the DF support item is.

Wouldn't be a character sheet... maybe a spell chart... or index?

Tags
speculation