Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-19-2016, 11:24 PM   #121
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: Terrifying GM Statements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny1A.2 View Post
In a modern-day setting, the GM says, "To your surprise, you recognize the police officer from the time he caught you with his wife..."
1920's would be worse. A '20's Irish cop would administer a serious beat down on a suspect of that ilk.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 02:55 AM   #122
simply Nathan
formerly known as 'Kenneth Latrans'

"You didn't say you had your shield strapped on when you got ready to fight."
Old 08-21-2016, 01:53 AM   #123
Lucian

Once in dnd I lost my beloved bag of holding.
I was a puny mage with weak arms but I had a life time of valuable adventuring loot stored.

We were in a weird dimension where the moons light acts as a burning attack. We didn't know....on the first night my bag failed it's save and was destroyed.

My gm smiles.

GM: You know your bag of holding with your flying broom, your deck of many things, your wand of frost, your staff of fire balls and your chest full of gold?

ME: Yeah...

GM : It just burned up, you lose everything.

Also put down that last enchilada, I claim it.

ME: really man...

GM: mmmm absolute power, it feels so good, mmmmm let me taste your tears, mmmmm, they taste like candy

E-mail me if you have questions enniya.questions@gmail.com
Lucian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 04:09 AM   #124
Drop Bear

"New Edition landed Tuesday, I've bean skimming it and the conversion PDF all this week when I can between Rush Projects at Work, We're jumping to the new Ed tonight, the line editor said on the forums it's simple to convert on the fly, So let's get started."
Drop Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 08:30 PM   #125
Blood Legend

My friend Nate ran a game for our friend Dave. The nopes began and didn't end when Dave struck a demon with an axe. "You make a gash in the beast, it starts bleeding raw sewage."

"This is the sort of relatively small error that destroys planetary probes." ~Bruno
Blood Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 08:45 PM   #126
Deadpan

This was my first real attempt at GMing, and to date, still the best one I ever did thanks to a lot of fantastically coincidental "time" traveling shenanigans.
It was a Post-Apocalyptic, Post Great Fall, Edwardian Gaslamp Noir.
It was centered around a Train that hauled corpses from plague ridden cities to a central Necropolis via a specialized subway built underground several hundred years before the plot. This train was for the most part automated because no one of npc status was stupid enough to get on a train with a bunch of diseased corpses being sent off to containment no-body-knows-where.

Each character started off the campaign waking up from a dream, white cascading emptiness in all directions with only a few weird items to interact with, until they decided to do something that I felt was jarring enough to wake them. They each awoke on one such Necropolis Metro, with passenger seats replaced with Glassed over Coffin Cells, four to a room.

The first player awoke 'after' the other 3 joined, but not before they actually played the game, and he notices that there were brassplates with names etched in each coffin behind unbreakable glass. He discovered a fault in one of the windows and managed to break through it. He read his own name. The other coffins were still closed and he wasn't brave enough to open them, but this campaign is long dead so to save time, it was the names of the other 3 players.

Each player wakes up on the train in private sessions before I actually invite them all to the same session all at once. They were inspectors that solved crimes, and did general police work for the city they lived in and they already knew each other and worked with each other. At any opportunity they would shift between worlds, they would pass out, be just about to die, or do something that broke the "dream" and would wake up in the other world. They would even find moments where after they drank something or were injured in a fight, or even took an elevator at some point, that they'd shift back and fourth between the two worlds. It was done so elegantly at some points they weren't aware at the time they'd have made that shift.

It finally got to the point where it was fluid enough that they couldn't tell which world was real, when they finally found the actual train they were on.
They were knocked out.
They woke up on the train, like this was their first time here. Nothing they had done to the train was fixed. The aforementioned first player immediately went to read his tag. and discovers his name tag, the coffin unopened this time around.

He opens it.

Terriying GM Statement: "You find yourself laying in the coffin peacefully."
Deadpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 02:08 AM   #127
corwyn

PC has recently been bitten by a werewolf (who escaped and is...stalking her) and is currently attempting to seduce the local guard commander.

GM (me): The hairs on your arm begin to grow...

It ended with her and her paramour fleeing into the woods to live out her first change.

Playing: GURPS Nordlond Dragons of Hosgarth
Running Savage Worlds Tour of Darkness (Vietnam + Mythos)
corwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 10:34 AM   #128
simply Nathan
formerly known as 'Kenneth Latrans'

Quote:
Originally Posted by corwyn View Post
PC has recently been bitten by a werewolf (who escaped and is...stalking her) and is currently attempting to seduce the local guard commander.

GM (me): The hairs on your arm begin to grow...

It ended with her and her paramour fleeing into the woods to live out her first change.
That sounds like a happy ending to me.
Old 08-23-2016, 02:45 PM   #129
tshiggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply Nathan View Post
That sounds like a happy ending to me.
Or like a scene from this movie. Things didn't exactly end well, for the two lovers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FOz...OsPdDtt1HkhOd1
tshiggins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game master, horror, terrifying