Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 08-21-2019, 05:36 AM   #161
Žorkell
Icelandic - Approach With Caution

Default Re: Nordlond: The Citadel at Nordvorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
No, it's just "northland" but in bad Icelandic.

"Noršlönd" put into Google Translate comes back in English as "Nordic Countries."
FWIW, the actual non-bad Icelandic way to say it would be Noršurlönd (Nordic Countries, as in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Iceland), or Noršurland (as in the northern part of your country)

Viking kittens | My photos | More of my photos
Žorkell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 11:20 AM   #162
Stix4armz

Book received in Southern California! Looks great!

When's the next Kickstarter?
Stix4armz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 12:31 PM   #163
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Žorkell View Post
FWIW, the actual non-bad Icelandic way to say it would be Noršurlönd (Nordic Countries, as in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Iceland), or Noršurland (as in the northern part of your country)
https://www.facebook.com/TeutonicTon...1706810099835/

Heh.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 12:39 PM   #164
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stix4armz View Post
Book received in Southern California! Looks great!

When's the next Kickstarter?
September, I think.

I've shown a preliminary preview of the cover before:

https://gamingballistic.com/2019/04/...-2019-outlook/

Some of it will change, as the dragon's details did not quite match the author's intent...but it's there.

The crowdfunding campaign will cover two books . . . and maybe a surprise if we do well.

I'm also deliberating on some physical stuff to include with the books - maybe some counter sheets or something, or even laminated pre-gen packs. Not sure, but I know these add-ons were wildly popular with The Fantasy Trip crowd...but the markets are not the same.
Old 08-25-2019, 05:11 PM   #165
Raekai
World's Worst Detective

Quote:
September, I think.
Which is about the time of DFRPG Magic Items 2, right? Is that intentional? Last time, your Kickstarter and the Warehouse 23's Kickstarter overlapped quite a bit. Do you think that worked for you or against you, or do you think it hardly mattered? I'm curious because I imagine some people might feel like it's harder to spread funds across both, though I'm sure it's good for popularity if both can piggyback off of each other.

Simply curious. Obviously, I've never managed a Kickstarter, so I'll pledge (much more than) a penny for your thoughts!
Raekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 05:40 PM   #166
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekai View Post
Which is about the time of DFRPG Magic Items 2, right? Is that intentional? Last time, your Kickstarter and the Warehouse 23's Kickstarter overlapped quite a bit. Do you think that worked for you or against you, or do you think it hardly mattered? I'm curious because I imagine some people might feel like it's harder to spread funds across both, though I'm sure it's good for popularity if both can piggyback off of each other.

Simply curious. Obviously, I've never managed a Kickstarter, so I'll pledge (much more than) a penny for your thoughts!
As an observer I think it did both. The overlap helped with advertising which may have bumped sales but on the other hand some people spent less on it due to limited funds.
I think this time will have a lower impact with both though. Magic Items 2 is only a week since its essentially an add on to Monsters 2. It will depend some on the stretch goals, if any. Also hopefully Douglas runs his a bit later so the paid every other week crowd can spread the cost. Even better if it lasts through first week of October so the paid monthly people (like myself) can spread the cost between pay checks.
(Said suggestion is main reason I'm replying as I dont have his numbers)

Print runs and stretch goals are more than the typical monthly GURPS PDF budget.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 09:01 AM   #167
DouglasCole

Shipping can be "funny," and this is no exception. I just received word that all physical orders for Citadel worldwide have been shipped. Most have been received, but because I just got the tracking numbers, the Backerkit notice has only just gone out.

Most folks being notified of shipping will have already received their stuff. If not, you can use the USPS tracking number sent through Backerkit to find it.

Overall, for US shipping, I probably spent about $400-500 more than I collected due to some extra charges I wasn't expecting (mostly being charged for boxes with a significantly larger markup than I'd planned for).

I'll start compiling my "actuals" over the next few weeks, and we'll figure out where I got my planning right and wrong with development, production, and shipping. This will of a necessity inform the next Nordlond project.

Expect THREE books in the next Kickstarter. Two of 64 or 80 pages (we'll see), and one of 16 pages.

After that . . . well, sleep seems like a good plan.
Old 09-07-2019, 05:24 PM   #168
jcpatten

Do you plan on releasing a map that joins the map in Citadel with the one from HoJ? Near as I can tell the river that flows from Isfjall (Odin river?) in HoJ also flows into the map of Citadel, but none of the land (or forest) features match in the maps.
jcpatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 06:20 PM   #169
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpatten View Post
Do you plan on releasing a map that joins the map in Citadel with the one from HoJ? Near as I can tell the river that flows from Isfjall (Odin river?) in HoJ also flows into the map of Citadel, but none of the land (or forest) features match in the maps.
You know what? I think that can be a fun add-on for the next campaign . . . which launches next week. A map of the entire border region from the Vesturham mountain range near Isfjall all the way to Akkerisborg by the sea, and encompassing all the lands featured in the four setting/adventure books.
Old 09-07-2019, 07:35 PM   #170
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
You know what? I think that can be a fun add-on for the next campaign . . . which launches next week. A map of the entire border region from the Vesturham mountain range near Isfjall all the way to Akkerisborg by the sea, and encompassing all the lands featured in the four setting/adventure books.
Where is that upvote button when I need it?
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote