Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2018, 06:14 PM   #1
Chuong504
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Default Adventure time munchkin

Hello. There were a few arguments over some rules last game and Iíd like some help with the official ruling.

1. Can a thief steal multiple times in 1 round as long as he has levels to lose and cards to discard? For example. Level 6 thief with 5 cards in the hand steal from the same player 5 times in one round as long as they are not in combat.

2. After a thief steals an item, is he allowed to place said item into his hand, or does the stolen item have to be equipped since it was stolen off the table.

3. Items such as mind games, musicianís enticing, and curses that make you help someone for no reward etc. these cards do not allow you to get the winning level. Is it possible to forfeit the winning level and still entice someone to help you win a combat.

4. The Lich states something like no one may play cards to affect the outcome. If someone was to kick the door and the Lich appears, can another player use prismoís pickles to change it to their turn?

Thanks for the help. Sorry if my wording was strange.
Chuong504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 11:30 PM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor
 
Andrew Hackard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Default Re: Adventure time munchkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuong504 View Post
Can a thief steal multiple times in 1 round as long as he has levels to lose and cards to discard?
He can steal even if he doesn't have levels to lose, since losing the level isn't a cost of the ability but a consequence of failure. The Level 1 Thief is a dangerous opponent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuong504 View Post
After a thief steals an item, is he allowed to place said item into his hand, or does the stolen item have to be equipped since it was stolen off the table.
It must stay in play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuong504 View Post
Items such as mind games, musicianís enticing, and curses that make you help someone for no reward etc. these cards do not allow you to get the winning level. Is it possible to forfeit the winning level and still entice someone to help you win a combat.
No. You can't voluntarily refuse to take a level for winning a combat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuong504 View Post
The Lich states something like no one may play cards to affect the outcome. If someone was to kick the door and the Lich appears, can another player use prismoís pickles to change it to their turn?
No. That would affect the outcome.
__________________
Andrew Hackard || Munchkin Line Editor, Steve Jackson Games

Twitter: @SJGames || Facebook: SJ Games and Munchkin || Medium: @SJGames
Instagram: @stevejacksongames || YouTube: Steve Jackson Games

New Munchkin player? Visit our Munchkin 101 forum!
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 01:56 AM   #3
Chuong504
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Default Re: Adventure time munchkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
He can steal even if he doesn't have levels to lose, since losing the level isn't a cost of the ability but a consequence of failure. The Level 1 Thief is a dangerous opponent.

It must stay in play.

No. You can't voluntarily refuse to take a level for winning a combat.

No. That would affect the outcome.
Thank you very much !
Chuong504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.