Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-25-2012, 06:35 PM   #1
nerdvana

Default Limited Limitations

I was wondering if the "Limited Enhancements" option (p. B111) can be applied to Limitations also. Specifically, what if your power is Unreliable, but only when you are deafened. Would you apply a -40% disability to the Unreliable (the value of Deafness as a Temporary Disadvantage), or would you use some other value and call it an accessibility on the Unreliable limitation? (if so, what value would you give that accessibility limitation?)

Thanks in advance.

(Note: This is similarly named to past threads, namely Limiting limitations started by GnomesofZurich and Limited Limitations? started by Bruno. Also, I'm aware of RPK's Either/Or Limitations and they don't actually answer my question.)
nerdvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:42 PM   #2
PK

Default Re: Limited Limitations

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdvana View Post
I was wondering if the "Limited Enhancements" option (p. B111) can be applied to Limitations also. Specifically, what if your power is Unreliable, but only when you are deafened.
Quote:
Also, I'm aware of RPK's Either/Or Limitations and they don't actually answer my question.)
Actually, they do.

Either Unreliable 8 (-40%) or Accessibility, Only when user can hear (-10%) = -4%.

Not much of a point break, but it shouldn't be -- the -10% is fair (perhaps even generous) for a power that stops working completely when you're deafened, so one that still works, just less reliably, will give a proportionately smaller point break.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #3
nerdvana

Default Re: Limited Limitations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Pee Kitty View Post
Actually, they do.

Either Unreliable 8 (-40%) or Accessibility, Only when user can hear (-10%) = -4%.

Not much of a point break, but it shouldn't be -- the -10% is fair (perhaps even generous) for a power that stops working completely when you're deafened, so one that still works, just less reliably, will give a proportionately smaller point break.
OH! Well. I didn't see how they would have. Thanks for clarifying that! :)
nerdvana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
either/or limitations, limitations, limited limitations, modified limitations, rev. pee kitty