Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-03-2011, 06:44 PM   #11
Gold & Appel Inc

Default Re: She Drives Like Crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwibos View Post
Lol. No, I have actually been paid (large sums) for dressing like Meatloaf and Singing his songs. I do pretty well. of course, it could be Performance - But that's another thread. *
Check out Hyper-Specialization, on Perks p 16.
Gold & Appel Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:17 PM   #12
gmillerd

I have a character with a driving gimmick, its very fun at times. Other characters usually drive, but when they forget or a new character is introduced its quite amusing. Equally fun is the Indept: Music, Delusion I am a great musician, Delusion: I have great taste in music. Or Seinfeld's Elaine with Indept/Deluson: Dancing.

Code:
Quirk: Incompetence: Driving
Quirk: Delusion: I drive just fine.
Signature Gear: Car

Last edited by gmillerd; 04-08-2011 at 04:22 AM.
gmillerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:49 AM   #13
Xipe_Totec

I've recently commented to my wife that I've got Extra Perception 2 or 3 (Only while driving, -30%), because I can apparently miss out on simple things IRL, but when I'm behind the wheel, I'm doing constant situational awareness checkups and that allows me to drive much more fluidly. Ofcourse, most of my passengers not doing that makes them feel like I'm switching lanes recklessly, which does translate into a quirk-level OPH (Reckless Driver).
Xipe_Totec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:36 AM   #14
Gold & Appel Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xipe_Totec View Post
I've recently commented to my wife that I've got Extra Perception 2 or 3 (Only while driving, -30%), because I can apparently miss out on simple things IRL, but when I'm behind the wheel, I'm doing constant situational awareness checkups and that allows me to drive much more fluidly. Ofcourse, most of my passengers not doing that makes them feel like I'm switching lanes recklessly, which does translate into a quirk-level OPH (Reckless Driver).
You should be doing that anyway, not that most people do. I avoid more collisions by being proactive (watching the people around me, knowing my instant escape route, etc) than I do by going up on two wheels. This, Sir, is having the Driving skill.
Gold & Appel Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:21 AM   #15
Fwibos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold & Appel Inc View Post
You should be doing that anyway, not that most people do. I avoid more collisions by being proactive (watching the people around me, knowing my instant escape route, etc) than I do by going up on two wheels. This, Sir, is having the Driving skill.
A wee bit of thread necro to say this si the skill my dad taught me so that I could navigate city streets and highways with ease!
Word of God and Word of Kromm are pretty much the same thing in my book
Fwibos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crazy, disadvantages, driving, limitations, modifiers