Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 06-13-2019, 11:02 AM   #1
DrStrangelove

Default GURPS Post-apocalyptic campaign

Now that I’ve got my GMing mojo flowing again, and more than enough free time, I was wondering how many people here would be interested in a GURPS 3ed, long-term campaign set in a post-apocalyptic, nuclear desert adventure where quality metal scrap is god, food is really scarce, working guns are a true symbol of status and there are more people than the world in its current state can sustain which leads to gangs of hungry cannibals roaming the land.

Overall, it would be combat-heavy, with players in full control of the adventure. Possibilities include multiple quests, serving as mercenaries for the local factions or independent settlements, banditry, scavenging, hunting, farming & crafting, trading etc. - pretty much anything you may wish to do in a post-apocalyptic world. I had the pleasure of running possibly about 30 campaigns in this setting so my drawers are full of ideas, and my players have done it all.

I would need about 5-6 players who are willing to commit to a long-term campaign. The official “interest” post can be found here: https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?thre...-gurps.848069/
DrStrangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 03:29 PM   #2
Plane

Default Re: GURPS Post-apocalyptic campaign

What drew you to 3e? Seems like it would fit into the 4e "After the End" type system
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 05:30 PM   #3
DrStrangelove

I’ve played it for years and I have a lot of stuff prepared for the 3ed, plus dozens of books so I’m more used to it.
Old 06-16-2019, 06:49 PM   #4
DrStrangelove

After The Nuclear Winter Comes The Nuclear Spring

Recruitment has just started for a new GURPS in post-apocalyptic Texas. It is going to be a proper sandbox with a large home-brewed world containing dozens of settlements, several factions and deadly cannibal tribes. Scavenge, build, destroy, fight, kill - everything is on the table. And the world around you always evolves. I have a list of about 100 values that I will test periodically to determine how the world is going to change, and you can influence it! Are you going to deliver that cache of ultra-rare guns to a small but ruthless gang? Expect some mayhem. Doing a lot of quests for that amazing faction? Watch it grow and grant you new privileges! If it’s plausible, it can be done!

https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?thre...lyptia.848210/