Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-01-2019, 05:30 PM   #1
Jachra

Default [Powers] Including Cosmic Dodge in a Cosmic Power

I have a Cosmic Power (called Siddhi, based on ascetic powers) and am thinking about Cosmic Dodge. Going off the bullets, her calculated cost is 90 points (for a Basic Speed of 12.)

As a Cosmic power, Siddhi includes that inherent +50% modifier. If I include the Cosmic Dodge in it, should I A) just include it at 90 points, because that's how much it costs, and cancel out the 50% extra from the Power modifier or B) change its cost in some fashion to account for it?

Or is B) only the case if I buy my Speed as a Cosmic power, and then only partially up to the amount I purchased?
Old 12-01-2019, 05:42 PM   #2
Varyon

Default Re: [Powers] Including Cosmic Dodge in a Cosmic Power

As per Powers page 125, Cosmic is a +50% modifier as a power source, but you only pay the higher of the cost between this and whatever Cosmic modifier(s) your ability actually has. So, it's just the cost you'd get for applying +50% to your Dodge in this case.
Old 12-01-2019, 06:07 PM   #3
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
As per Powers page 125, Cosmic is a +50% modifier as a power source, but you only pay the higher of the cost between this and whatever Cosmic modifier(s) your ability actually has. So, it's just the cost you'd get for applying +50% to your Dodge in this case.
Yep, I look at it as the tier thing is a soft modifier and thus if your getting an actual effect out of it you can ignore the tier premium. So the premium is more a minimum cost kind of thing if that makes sense.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 06:09 PM   #4
Plane

Now all you have to worry about is whether or not the cosmic modifier for neutralize will work against your cosmic power.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 12:48 PM   #5
Hide

Also, remember GURPS Power Ups 4 notes on p.7:

"Using the cost of Enhanced Defenses (p. B51) as a guideline, and treating all defenses as being bought up from the base of 3. Dodge: Round Basic Speed down to the nearest whole number, then multiply it by 7.5 and round up, to find the point cost."