Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 06-26-2013, 11:57 PM   #1
Eclipse412

Default Annihilation

Played Dogpile on a monster. Everyone dropped a monster card. Then someone dropped a bedridden card. Friend dropped annihilation card on the dogpile card.

So question here is does all the monster cards discard?
Eclipse412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:20 AM   #2
Clipper

Default Re: Annihilation

No. Dogpile isn't even a target for Annihilation at that point as it should have been discarded after it resolved when all the monsters were added. Annihilation can only be played on cards that have just been played or cards that are in play.

Note that if the player had chosen to use Annihilation while or just after people were adding monsters, it would cancel Dogpile and everybody would take the monsters back into their respective hands.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:34 PM   #3
offsides

I don't disagree with your outcome in general, but I wouldn't move Dogpile to the discards until the combat was over. The reason being that there are cards that can completely reset the combat and return ALL cards played during the combat to the original owners' hands. But yes, once the monsters are played because of the Dogpile and you move on, Annihilation on the Dogpile would just remove the card from the game without affecting the monsters played.

Actually, come to think about it, if you used Annihiliation on Dogpile while monsters were being played, the monsters already played should probably remain, but no additional monsters should be played once the Dogpile card is gone...
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:09 PM   #4
Clipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by offsides View Post
I don't disagree with your outcome in general, but I wouldn't move Dogpile to the discards until the combat was over. The reason being that there are cards that can completely reset the combat and return ALL cards played during the combat to the original owners' hands. But yes, once the monsters are played because of the Dogpile and you move on, Annihilation on the Dogpile would just remove the card from the game without affecting the monsters played.
What I'm saying is that Dogpile is no longer considered in play once its effect has resolved. Annihilation can be used to remove a card that is in play, or to cancel and remove a card which has just been played. As Dogpile is no longer in play after resolving, it couldn't be targeted.

Quote:
Actually, come to think about it, if you used Annihiliation on Dogpile while monsters were being played, the monsters already played should probably remain, but no additional monsters should be played once the Dogpile card is gone...
If played with this timing, Annihilation is cancelling the card which has just been played (Dogpile). Cancelling means the card has no effect, so any monsters played so far would return to their owners' hands.

Tags
annihilation, dogpile