Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 10-18-2014, 09:43 PM   #1
KrodMandoon

Default Question about Adventure Time card

My buddies were playing the Adventure Time version of Munchkin and came running to me for an unbiased ruling on Prismos Pickles. I haven't played that version yet, but they brought me Prismos Pickles and wanted me to pay special attention to the "AS SOON" part of it. The player who kicked open the door turned a monster, read the monster card to the other players (only their 2nd time playing so cards were being read aloud to ensure everyone knew what they did), and then declared he wanted to kill it for the winning level. As he declared, one of the other guys dropped Prismos Pickles. After reading the card, I said that it seemed like a legit play since nothing was done after the door being kicked except for the reading of the card.

So was that played legally? Should the player have used it AS SOON as the card was flipped over before knowing what it was?

Last edited by KrodMandoon; 10-18-2014 at 10:09 PM.
KrodMandoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 10:45 PM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Question about Adventure Time card

In general, we expect that there will be some courtesy to allow people to read a card and think a little bit about what they might or might not do. Since no other game action was taken, then it was a legitimate play to wait for the player to read out the card and announce his intent.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote