Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-28-2019, 10:06 AM   #251
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Jane Doe)

Kuse: "You're a sample size of 1. I suppose its possible, but many others haven't been effected either. Besides, why would this new location have an adverse effect on ANI's? they're just electronics. I suppose we could have the biologists run some tests on mice..."

"My personal opinion is that this is sabotage of some sort. This is an extremely high profile mission. Your off-the-books quality might be keeping you safe. "

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 02:44 PM   #252
Plane

"For now maybe I'll hold off, just until I can be sure it's not related to that. I've gotten by with a substitute so far"
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 08:00 AM   #253
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Kuse: "Its your decision. I do think your quality of life would improve with one. I'll talk to you after this all settles down and we'll see how you feel then. You should know that the incidences are settling down. Mostly we're having people have periods of blank memory"

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 06-03-2019, 11:53 PM   #254
Plane

"In case someone is able to find their way into my room despite me not letting them in, or if I make another mistake, could you recommend a way to stop them? Like can the computer have some sort of security way to put them to sleep?"
Old 06-04-2019, 01:25 PM   #255
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
"In case someone is able to find their way into my room despite me not letting them in, or if I make another mistake, could you recommend a way to stop them? Like can the computer have some sort of security way to put them to sleep?"
Kuse: "Don't let them in, and call security. The "computer putting them to sleep" you're referring to is called an "Involuntary Virtual Shunt". Permissions for it are very much limited to security and medical personnel, and every time its done the action will come under close scrutiny."

"But why would you worry about people coming into your area without permission? Everyone here is... Oh. You're the one who got attacked. The medical report didn't include that detail. What role do you play in all of this, I wonder?"

"My advice is to stay out of their reach. If they get in, try running... no, that wouldn't work for you. I'm not sure what I'd do. Other than getting your standing medical problems fixed."

Old 06-06-2019, 07:39 PM   #256
Plane

"I don't think you can fix being short" (I wonder, due to amnesia would you necessarily perceive your difference in gait/posture when you're more focused on a height difference?) "But maybe I can work on jumping between legs"
Old 06-07-2019, 08:44 AM   #257
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

OCC: is she short because of a condition, or is it general genetic shortness. I can't remember what was specified. Most of those conditions have secondary traits that allow identification visually.

Old 06-08-2019, 07:01 PM   #258
Plane

it's both: Dwarfism (genetic shortness) + Hunchback (-6 inches) but I just don't know if she has processed that her posture is different frmo others or if so, that others would see it as a problem unique to her
Old 06-10-2019, 06:42 AM   #259
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
it's both: Dwarfism (genetic shortness) + Hunchback (-6 inches) but I just don't know if she has processed that her posture is different frmo others or if so, that others would see it as a problem unique to her
That doesn't actually answer my question: dwarfism covers a large number of conditions:
  • Achondroplasia
  • Growth hormone deficiency
  • Primordial dwarfism
  • Turner syndrome
  • Pseudoachondroplasia
and others. None of those are "general genetic shortness", but very specific (as opposed to general) genetic shortness.

Most of these conditions have extremely distinctive looks. So does she have one of the above, or is she just short?

Old 06-11-2019, 03:03 PM   #260
Plane

I'm not sure which of those specific terms, but Bowlegged/Hunchback would give a weird posture.