Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 08-05-2022, 09:00 AM   #1
blakz111

Default need help with the question below. i am very very lost...

hi all,

this is my first time playing this board games and having hard time to understand some of the rules. just wanted to ask a few question.

1) each player have to draw 4 door and 4 treasure card right? what if we didn't get to pick weapon but there is monster and curse card. are we able to use the curse card on other player?

2) if we don't draw any weapon but we "kick open" door and draw a monster and none able to help? i just roll die to '5" to run away?

3) what if all of us have more than 5 card in our hands and we can't give out nor sell it? like i have 2 monster and 4 curse card didn't get any weapon or any good card? should we discard? or if my friend is fighting a monster i can just throw a monster card to join the monster he draw or "look for trouble"?

4) what if we have 2 card that says we are able to play 2 race and 2 classes? can we just face up and play 2 different class and race?

5) as what i understand we can sell our item (1000g) to gain one level right? meaning once we reaching level 10 we can't sell our items to reach level 10 but we have to fight 1 monster in order to win?

6) if i bought a munchkin deluxe edition can i mix with moops monster mashups?

7) how do i play hands free card, monkey paws, loaded die, dice slicer?

appreciate your kind answer to this. tyvm <3
blakz111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 09:23 AM   #2
Brf

Default Re: need help with the question below. i am very very lost...

Munchkin does not have anything defined as "weapon". You simply add the combat strength of your equipped items to your level to get your combat strength. That is compared to the monster's strength to see if you beat it.

Curse cards can be played at any time.

Race and class cards can be played anytime on your turn.

If you have more than 5 cards at the end of your turn, you can play curses or equip items or play them sideways to show you are carrying them, or sell them for levels. You would give extra cards to the lowest level as charity, or discard them if you are lowest level.

You must kill a monster to get your 10th level.

Moop's Monster Mashup has the same rules as base Munchkin, so it should mix easily with Munchkin Deluxe.
Brf is online now   Reply With Quote