Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 03-30-2019, 04:04 PM   #1
corwyn

Default Hall of Judgement finale

Some issues, not all of which require knowledge of the adventure.

Where exactly is the no-mana zone; it seems like it would cover the entire combat area, making my wizard very unhappy. Are wizards supposed to be useless in this fight?

The encounter makes reference to both arches and doorways but I don't see anything that look like doors on the map - maybe the one at the top of the map (which looks like another arch to me).

A demon has magic abilities that function similar to certain spells - would those be affected by no-mana or would they use (un)sanctity?

There's an ability that works like the Charm spell - is there a way to nullify that outside of its (long) duration? I know it's supposed to be a tough fight, but this may make it impossible.

Playing: GURPS Nordlond Dragons of Hosgarth
Running Savage Worlds Tour of Darkness (Vietnam + Mythos)
corwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 07:11 PM   #2
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: Hall of Judgement finale

Quote:
Originally Posted by corwyn View Post
Some issues, not all of which require knowledge of the adventure.

Where exactly is the no-mana zone; it seems like it would cover the entire combat area, making my wizard very unhappy. Are wizards supposed to be useless in this fight?
It goes from the front door of the Vault of Law to the blue line on the map. It does not extend past the doors to the two rooms on the left and right side of the zone. So the demon is not in a no mana zone, but he can't leave the room.

Quote:
The encounter makes reference to both arches and doorways but I don't see anything that look like doors on the map - maybe the one at the top of the map (which looks like another arch to me).
Sorry, they're arched doorways. The arch is talking about the frame of the door itself.

Quote:
A demon has magic abilities that function similar to certain spells - would those be affected by no-mana or would they use (un)sanctity?
Neither, explicitly. The powers will not pass the magic field, but both are an exercise in the will of Asgard, er, GM Fiat. The powers Just Work. The barrier placed by Heimdallr and Tyr and Thor Just Works.

Quote:
There's an ability that works like the Charm spell - is there a way to nullify that outside of its (long) duration? I know it's supposed to be a tough fight, but this may make it impossible.
Drag him into the divine nullification zone, I think. Dispel Magic will also be effective.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote