Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 Digital

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 06:46 PM   #101
Refplace

Default Re: The 2019 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread

Rumor pages updated, looks like James Howard is the author for the Disasters item.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 03-02-2019, 04:27 PM   #102
Refplace

Now were rolling!
The DF Monsters 2 Kickstarter starts on Monday!
Monster Hunters: Power ups 1 now has a title and starts playtest next Friday, when the current one ends.
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 03-19-2019, 07:11 PM   #103
lachimba

No Pyramid really makes a difference in number of releases.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:31 PM   #104
Refplace

I updated the rumors list, sorry I skimped some the past few weeks but submitted my final draft today.
I think tomorrow is Kromms DF 2 item and April will be The Pyramid Dungeon Collection. Progress was made on other items, and we should be having the playtest for Kelley Pedersons Social Engineering item next month. Maybe even Bills High Tech item as well.
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 03-28-2019, 03:08 PM   #105
Rasputin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
I think tomorrow is Kromms DF 2 item
If there even is a release.

My GURPS blog.
Old 03-28-2019, 04:00 PM   #106
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
If there even is a release.
Yeah,its not looking good at this point. I keep refreshing W23 though. I think we have had a couple of evening releases due to problems in the past.
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 03-29-2019, 05:45 AM   #107
Raekai
World's Worst Detective

Last year, we had "7 new GURPS supplements, 3 DFRPG Releases, 2 new non-GURPS items, 11 issues of Pyramid, 1 GURPS Classic items (Including magazine bundles), and 0 non-GURPS Classic items (e.g., Car Wars). 1 new Third party GURPS item".

I've been thinking about the releases this year, and I'm going to guess that we'll end the year with 10 new GURPS supplements (including the two we've had thus far), 1 DFRPG release (which is DFRPG Monsters 2), 1 issues of Pyramid (the DF collection counts, right?), and 2 new 3rd-party GURPS items (including The Citadel at Norđvorn).

Because I'm going to guess that we're going to see a new full-fledged GURPS supplement every 5 weeks, we'll see the Pyramid Dungeon Collection soon, and I have a feeling that Douglas Cole will keep himself busy with new content for me. I mean... us. So, if I'm right, that'd be trading the monthly Pyramid magazine for 3 extra GURPS supplements this year, which... doesn't seem right. But I'm so prepared to eat my words! I'd rather guess low. Plus, I really can't say I know much of anything about the process and the time and the resources surrounding all of these things. Furthermore, GURPS supplements can be quite variable in length.

Alright, well I'm going to go scratch off another lottery ticket for GURPS. I'll show them that there's demand by creating my own...
Old 03-29-2019, 09:13 AM   #108
Proteus

On a nit-picky formatting note, since the point of this thread is (hopefully) to talk about when new products are released more than when they’re not, could the first-page listing collapse out all the blank entries for (so far) January through March, leaving only the actual release dates, with empty spaces only for the future? That would seem to me both more readable and more positive.
Old 03-29-2019, 12:13 PM   #109
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
On a nit-picky formatting note, since the point of this thread is (hopefully) to talk about when new products are released more than when they’re not, could the first-page listing collapse out all the blank entries for (so far) January through March, leaving only the actual release dates, with empty spaces only for the future? That would seem to me both more readable and more positive.
I could do that if anyone can show me the spoiler or hide tag, or if this test works.

Spoiler:  

Ok that worked.
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 03-29-2019, 01:09 PM   #110
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekai View Post
Last year, we had "7 new GURPS supplements, 3 DFRPG Releases, 2 new non-GURPS items, 11 issues of Pyramid, 1 GURPS Classic items (Including magazine bundles), and 0 non-GURPS Classic items (e.g., Car Wars). 1 new Third party GURPS item".

I've been thinking about the releases this year, and I'm going to guess that we'll end the year with 10 new GURPS supplements (including the two we've had thus far), 1 DFRPG release (which is DFRPG Monsters 2), 1 issues of Pyramid (the DF collection counts, right?), and 2 new 3rd-party GURPS items (including The Citadel at Norđvorn).
I think your pretty close, just looking at the list we have 23 separate items not counting the vaporware or eternal holds.
Douglas has 4 or 3 Third Party depending. Citadel and 2 named adventures plus that mini supplement Dungeon Grappling.

With TFT coming in I expect that to draw off some of the art/layout resources, but Douglas is doing some of those himself. I think 5 TFT adventures are being done in house,
I think we might get to two RPG releases a month, though that wont be all GURPS. As was said above the Pyramid cancellation wasn't really decided and announced till this years stuff was already in the works. Also the playtest queue was in a holding pattern for several months and I think the kickstarter had something to do with that. I am sure there is quite a bit of prep work that had to be done by various people before one even starts.

If I'm right we should be hearing about the next playtest very soon now.
We also as of today have 2 GURPS and 1 TFT item pretty much ready to be released
My GURPS Wiki entries

Last edited by Refplace; 03-29-2019 at 01:35 PM.
Closed Thread