Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-11-2012, 06:44 PM   #1
Fullmetalix

Default A Semmerling?

The rare Semmerling. Tiny, powerful, top of the line. But less the a few thousand made. Now, the problem is that while it isn't common or popular enough to really have a following past people who like it a lot or Repairman Jack fan to get stats, I'm curious how you'd stat it out. I'd think it'd get a Bulk of 0 or -1. A Rcl of at least 3. The damage is really the only part that I'm not sure on, so what do you guys think?

By the way, here's a wiki link to the Semmerling:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semmerling
Old 04-11-2012, 06:50 PM   #2
Fred Brackin

Default Re: A Semmerling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullmetalix View Post
I'm curious how you'd stat it out. I'd think it'd get a Bulk of 0 or -1. A Rcl of at least 3. The damage is really the only part that I'm not sure on, so what do you guys think?

By the way, here's a wiki link to the Semmerling:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semmerling
2D-1 P+, Bulk 1.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:15 PM   #3
Jerron

It uses a .45 ACP cartridge, the same as a Colt 1911. The velocity and energy would be slighty reduced due to the short barrel, but I don't think it would be enough for the GURPS ruels to even notice.

I'd give it a fairly high recoil (light and so small, it's difficult to hold), low bulk (about the same as a .380 backup, or maybe 1 higher), and a bit worse range, although the way it was produced, I'd say it was fine (accurate) from the factory.
Jerron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:04 PM   #4
Edges

Also, it looks like it has RoF 1.

"Capable of a 'shot-a-second' firing rate, a practiced shooter can achieve an outstanding shooting performance."
Edges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:13 PM   #5
Fred Brackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerron View Post
It uses a .45 ACP cartridge, the same as a Colt 1911. The velocity and energy would be slighty reduced due to the short barrel, but I don't think it would be enough for the GURPS ruels to even notice.

I'd give it a fairly high recoil (light and so small, it's difficult to hold), low bulk (about the same as a .380 backup, or maybe 1 higher), and a bit worse range, although the way it was produced, I'd say it was fine (accurate) from the factory.
Oo-kay, further research and a chance for my memory to catch up with stuff turned up this thing.....

http://www.detonicsdefense.com/combat-master/

.....which is given stats in the text section of the .45 M1911 of High Tech.

HT gives it full .,45 damage and its' barrel is 0.2 tenths of an inch shorter than the Semmerling.

In general, at the Gurps level of resolution the Detonics gun and the Semmerling will be indistinguishable and you might as well use the stats in HT.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:06 PM   #6
Jerron

Yeah, I'd go with it. If you feel like tweaking the range a tad, maybe, but I'd probably just use it.

And the shot-a-second thing, is likely aimed fire. The gun is a semi-automatic capable of firing as fast as you pull the trigger. I'd give it the standard RoF, not a 1. (What's the others, 3~ ?) Even in GURPS (without special stuff) it takes a second to aim.

I'll say the Rcl would be killer IRL, and the acc about 0, but I think that's typical in GURPS for the type, isn't it?
Jerron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:14 PM   #7
AmesJainchill

Quote:
Yeah, I'd go with it. If you feel like tweaking the range a tad, maybe, but I'd probably just use it.

And the shot-a-second thing, is likely aimed fire. The gun is a semi-automatic capable of firing as fast as you pull the trigger. I'd give it the standard RoF, not a 1. (What's the others, 3~ ?) Even in GURPS (without special stuff) it takes a second to aim.
The Semmerling is a manual repeater, not a semi-automatic. You have to manually eject the empty case using the slide.
AmesJainchill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:32 AM   #8
Sam Cade

Quote:
I'll say the Rcl would be killer IRL
It's within a couple ounces of several itsy-bitsy semi-auto .45 ACP pocket pistols.

Like:
http://www.kahr.com/Pistols/Kahr-PM45.asp

Subjective recoil on a .45 ACP is pretty mild due to low operating pressures. It remains very shootable even in tiny pocket pistols.

http://www.jpfo.org/
كافر
Sam Cade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:34 AM   #9
Sam Cade

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmesJainchill View Post
You have to manually eject the empty case using the slide.
Looks to me like a good way to shoot yourself in the left hand.

http://www.jpfo.org/
كافر
Sam Cade is offline   Reply With Quote