Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:36 AM   #1
Igneus

Default ODE alternative storage

I was curious if anyone has had any good success with getting all the components into a Plano box or something of that nature. I love the box, and I think the using it as a coffee table idea someone posted about is great. But the box is just to unwieldy, and the bag is still to unwieldy. If you have than what box did you put it in. All components (minus maps probably), including KS, or sponsored sheets?

I was thinking about the Plano 1363 Stow N Go Toolbox.
Igneus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:23 AM   #2
Igneus

Default Re: ODE alternative storage

Thanks a lot for your input. I appreciate it.
Igneus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:34 AM   #3
ldj00

Hey KevinR, do you have pictures of this arrangement?

Or, better yet, do you think you would be willing to mix and match take pictures that show what a set of Plano boxes holding a single ODE looks like?
Old 03-09-2014, 04:30 AM   #4
grimblefig

Hey, KevinR, thanks for the suggestion.

I went looking for some 3701s today. I have a rolling case that I thought might hold a few of them, along with the maps. Unfortunately, I was wrong about that. The 3701s were just a little too long. And the maps took up almost all of the space.

Luckily, I found something better. This: http://www.gandermountain.com/modper...Brown&i=762147

It holds (and comes with) six 3701s. I was probably going to buy 4-5 of them anyway, and they were selling for $10 each, so the sale price makes the bag basically free.

I took the one case off the top and put the maps up there, under the elastic tie down strap. That case (once filled) went into the mesh pocket in back. The terrain overlays fit into the side zippered pockets, and the rules and reference sheets go in the clear pocket on the underside of the lid. I still have plenty of room in the front pocket.

If you have a Gander Mountain nearby, I think the sale price lasts for a couple more weeks.
grimblefig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:54 AM   #5
Knuckle_Head

I picked up a 2 tier plano box from their "guide" series that hold most of the flat chits and for the ogres i found a box made for canadian tire (don't know if that helps people south of the 49th) that has removable trays and holds 3 of the g/s maps if you take a few out. Posted some pictures for people that are interested.

http://photobucket.com/albums/o614/C_W_lovell
Knuckle_Head is offline   Reply With Quote