Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 06-22-2010, 11:14 AM   #1
xerxes

Default map for Sorcerer's Impediments?

Is there a map of the mansion anywhere? online?

Also, what exactly are the impediments the title refers to?
xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:02 PM   #2
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: map for Sorcerer's Impediments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xerxes View Post

Also, what exactly are the impediments the title refers to?
The PCs -- one way or the other, they're there to interfere with him.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:52 PM   #3
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

I don't think there's an online map drawn out of the house (it's not really a mansion...), but if you just sketch out something with a vaguely square "footprint" and go by the descriptions, you should have something reasonable enough for PCs.

Alternatively, hit some of the various floorplan sites for modern houses, and run with one of those that looks Close Enough. (Which is, er, probably what I did when I was describing the layout in the first place. *beth looks shiftyeyed*)

Edit: The only More Details for that adventure, that I know of, are at http://www.sjgames.com/pyramid/sample.html?id=5737 .

Last edited by Archangel Beth; 06-22-2010 at 05:00 PM.
Archangel Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:40 PM   #4
xerxes

So, I've only played In Nomine a couple times and I've never GMed it. Nonetheless, I've decided to run a scenario at DragonCon. I'm going to expand Sorcerer's Impediments a little bit and run that. Any tips or hints specific to IN I should know about?

I do have 25 years worth of GMing experience, just not with IN.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:49 AM   #5
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

I'd pick a theme that resonates for you -- is this about Good vs. Evil, about selflessness vs. selfishness, about Cool Powers And An Excuse To Fight Other Celestials, about Saving Humans, etc. When you expand, when you roleplay NPCs, keep your theme in mind.

Disturbance is often a pain in the butt. Try to keep it in mind (and remind the players that if they burn down the house, it will be Way Too Noisy), but for a beginning game, don't sweat it too much.

You don't have to use the Kyriotate from the expanded details (linked in my prior post on this thread), but you might want to keep it in reserve, and you might want to have the Soldier around. Who could burn down the house without disturbance, if not Kyrio-ridden at the time!

You probably want to come up with a quick 5-7 minute description that covers: "here's what the game is about, here's what Words are, and you have innate powers balanced by innate disadvantages that your character doesn't think is a disad anymore than we really think about what a disad it is to need to breathe and blink our eyes." (IN has a lot of background, and condensing it can be hard.)

That's all I can think of, off the top of my head. I hope you have fun at the con!
Old 07-07-2010, 11:56 AM   #6
xerxes

Okay, I've seen material for mummies, vamps, and zombi's in the books I have. Do any of the books cover ghosts? I don't mean dream-shades in the ethereal realm. I mean souls stuck in the corporeal.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:23 PM   #7
Rocket Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by xerxes View Post
Okay, I've seen material for mummies, vamps, and zombi's in the books I have. Do any of the books cover ghosts? I don't mean dream-shades in the ethereal realm. I mean souls stuck in the corporeal.
Corporeal Player's Guide gives the basics on ghosts, which are then expanded -- approporiately enough! -- in Liber Umbrarum: The Book of Ghosts, available on e23.

Old 07-07-2010, 06:30 PM   #8
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Corporeal Player's Guide gives the basics on ghosts, which are then expanded -- approporiately enough! -- in Liber Umbrarum: The Book of Ghosts, available on e23.
Which can be found here. While I'd recommend getting both, you can use most of Liber Umbrarum without the CPG.
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:39 PM   #9
Rocket Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
Which can be found here. While I'd recommend getting both, you can use most of Liber Umbrarum without the CPG.
Agreed, though I found some of Umbrarum easier to follow after reading the CPG. Different strokes.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:23 AM   #10
xerxes

What is the difference between performing a Song and doing sorcery?

Firstly, give me a non-system answer describing what it means in the IN Verse. Then, tell me the diff in the system.

I have the first Revelations book but is there other sorcery stuff in other books?

Tags
rules