Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-24-2013, 10:43 AM   #2791
Puck

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"I think it would be more prudent to see where everyone is and to get his bearings, then to call us to come in. Perhaps get a table that can provide the best opportunities for defense, and in Kane's case, the best access to potential weapons. I can easily be the foriegn friend whom everyone is showing around"
Mitch nods "Play the tourist. Once you're done scouting the place, give one of us a call. Remember, we still have the discord doll as leverage at least."
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:26 PM   #2792
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch nods "Play the tourist. Once you're done scouting the place, give one of us a call. Remember, we still have the discord doll as leverage at least."
"Heard and understood, pardner." Kane nods at the team, checks to make sure he has a few bucks for beer, then ambles on in.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:12 AM   #2793
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
"Heard and understood, pardner." Kane nods at the team, checks to make sure he has a few bucks for beer, then ambles on in.
Not a bad crowd for a weeknight ((I'll have to catch up on summaries to remember which weeknight we're on)). Folks are socializing at tables mostly, noshing on nachos and peanuts and drinking beer at tables or at the bar. There's music playing but the gender mix doesn't lend itself well to dancing tonight, too many guys in too straight a place. There's one guy sitting alone at the bar seemingly not happy with life, but that's not too unusual in a bar. There's another guy whose friend has just arrived. The new guy wears his black hair in a ponytail, and his business suit fails to conceal muscles that would make Arnold pine for his youth. He eyes the beer on the table before sitting down, rather than looking at his companion's face. "Aaah, good to see you," says the guy at the table, the charming one with the perfectly ordinary build. Mr. Muscles waves to the waitress who takes his order.

Whoever the big celestial is, he's hiding his nature well enough to tell you only that he's here, not which one he is.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:14 AM   #2794
Rocket Man

Kane gets a beer,some nachos and a table, near Mr. Muscles if possible without being conspicuous. (If that's not possible, he'll grab the nearest possible place at the bar.) He keeps his ears open, both his natural ones for eavesdropping, and his Symphonic ones for any inadvertent disturbances.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #2795
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Kane gets a beer,some nachos and a table, near Mr. Muscles if possible without being conspicuous. (If that's not possible, he'll grab the nearest possible place at the bar.) He keeps his ears open, both his natural ones for eavesdropping, and his Symphonic ones for any inadvertent disturbances.
It's not possible--Mr. Muscles has the demeanor of an old soldier. He's put his back to the bar, trusting the bartender to his blind spot, and scans the room as he sits down. His partner seems far more blase, speaking in a voice low enough you miss a word here and there. (What's typed is what Kane would hear, or mishear.)

"Heard any good gossip lady? *Gabe do anything particularly wack? *Lie? *Or maybe I sh-- dish the goods on Lily?"

Kane can hear Mr. Muscles lean back in his chair, the wood creaking under the strain. His normal hearing is interrupted by Mr. Life Sucks ordering a beer. Sitting as close as he is, Kane can see why his life sucks--it seems he has a sixth finger on his left hand.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:40 PM   #2796
Rocket Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Kane can hear Mr. Muscles lean back in his chair, the wood creaking under the strain. His normal hearing is interrupted by Mr. Life Sucks ordering a beer. Sitting as close as he is, Kane can see why his life sucks--it seems he has a sixth finger on his left hand.
Discord? Or a birth defect? I knew a ranch hand once ... mind on your business, cowboy.

Kane listens a bit more for now, at one point, getting up to drop a few coins in the jukebox (Johnny Cash and Willy Nelson: "Ghost Riders in the Sky") so that he can get a better sense of the room as a whole ...who else is here, who else might be watching Mr. Muscles or Johnny Downcast or himself, what can be used in a fight if things go south. He takes an annoyed glance at his wristwatch before returning to his beer as though waiting for friends who are running late.

Just a little longer -- then it'll be time to either make a move, pull out, or bring in the posse.

Old 10-26-2013, 04:20 AM   #2797
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Discord? Or a birth defect? I knew a ranch hand once ... mind on your business, cowboy.

Kane listens a bit more for now, at one point, getting up to drop a few coins in the jukebox (Johnny Cash and Willy Nelson: "Ghost Riders in the Sky") so that he can get a better sense of the room as a whole ...who else is here, who else might be watching Mr. Muscles or Johnny Downcast or himself, what can be used in a fight if things go south. He takes an annoyed glance at his wristwatch before returning to his beer as though waiting for friends who are running late.

Just a little longer -- then it'll be time to either make a move, pull out, or bring in the posse.
It's a redneck bar in suburban Inland Empire. There are plenty of items that can be weaponized. Beer glasses, of course. Cans and bottles are for amateurs, but they're there. There's a dartboard off in a corner, though the darts aren't in evidence right at the moment. Tables can be tipped and chairs thrown, and if your leverage is right chairs can be broken. There's a taxidermied jackalope on one wall, if you're really willing to risk the owner's wrath, and of course there's the jukebox, the seltzer water hose, and the various other things you'd find in any bar.

"Ghost Riders" was a good choice, prompting a few people to sing along quietly at their tables. It was also a good choice if you notice the antlers and horse tack decorating the ceiling fans.

"No, no, and you?" Mr. Muscles has lowered his voice to near inaudible, but he is still barely audible. "That was pretty bold there," and a low mumble. "How about you? No Game Master breathing down your neck second guessing your moves these days?”

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 10-28-2013 at 06:30 PM. Reason: oops, wrong attribution
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #2798
Rocket Man

Game boy, huh? Either a transfer or a Renegade, by the sound of it. And his companion's in the know ... so that's two celestials or celestial-allies, three if Mr. Gloom at the bar really does have Discord and ain't just the unlucky son of an unlucky momma.

He tries to resonate on the three, then drinks up and heads to the men's room. Once he's in a stall (assuming there's not a line or that it's not too populated in general), he'll dig out his phone.

Last edited by Rocket Man; 10-27-2013 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Typo fix
Old 10-27-2013, 04:34 PM   #2799
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Game boy, huh? Either a transfer or a Renegade, by the sound of it. And his companion's in the know ... so that's two celestials or celestial-allies, three if Mr. Gloom at the bar really does have Discord and ain't just the unlucky son onf an unlucky momma.

He tries to resonate on the three, then drinks up and heads to the men's room. Once he's in a stall (assuming there's not a line or that it's not too populated in general), he'll dig out his phone.
Mr. Gloom is surprisingly easy to read, at least in comparison to the two companions behind Kane. The most honorable thing he's done lately is direct the attack on an angelic tether, The most dishonorable thing he'd done is hide his identity out of fear.

The other two are playing their Symphonic instruments so quietly it's hard to get a bead on them at all. Mr. Muscles radiates a general sense of honor about fighting and a general sense of dishonor about talking, but nothing you can pin down. His smooth-voiced friend, it is only his dishonor you can read right now. He's impatient and acting on that.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:47 PM   #2800
ladyarcana55

Outside, Sunae waits with the others. She can feel the adrenalin flowing through her body and she feels it energizing her. Her eyes have that familiar gleam of a fighter getting ready for a fight, but she is calm and focused.

Yes, the anticipation burns so beautifully. Regardless of the type of battle ahead, whether it is physical, mental or spiritual, I am looking forward to it.

Sunae knows that the battle will take an emotional toll, but that didn't worry her. Grandfather dispelled that inferno already.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine