Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 02-13-2019, 03:33 AM   #21
corwyn

Default Re: Nordlond: The Citadel at Nordvorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
There's a bit more information and a temporary layout on my blog today.

The Citadel at Norðvorn: Coming to Kickstarter Feb 19
Very cool.

Do you think it would fit in with The Tomb of the Dragon King?

Any chance you would have an estimate on when PDFs would be delivered (since I'm getting towards the end of Hall of Justice as we speak)?

Playing: GURPS Nordlond Dragons of Hosgarth
Running Savage Worlds Tour of Darkness (Vietnam + Mythos)
corwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:57 AM   #22
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by corwyn View Post
Very cool.

Do you think it would fit in with The Tomb of the Dragon King?

Any chance you would have an estimate on when PDFs would be delivered (since I'm getting towards the end of Hall of Justice as we speak)?
I put my best guess at a publishing schedule here:

Gaming Ballistic: Publishing Schedule for 2019

So I'm shooting for PDF delivery around May. I'm still writing, and some of what I need to understand (via Kickstarter) is how big the final book will be!

In any case, I've got plenty of copies of Hall of Judgment here, and I know there's more at Warehouse 23.

Also: I will very likely be demoing Citadel at Fnordcon in April, if you're going to be there. It might not be done all fancy, but folks can play it.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:07 PM   #23
DouglasCole

Preview: The Citadel at Norðvorn

I will absolutely respond to feedback, and would love to get some. I hope you guys are as excited about this book as I am - I think it's really fun.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:36 AM   #24
Tom H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
Also: I will very likely be demoing Citadel at Fnordcon in April, if you're going to be there. It might not be done all fancy, but folks can play it.
I would look forward to this if I can attend.

More and more at conventions, I like to sample RPGs to get a feel for the variety of approaches to presenting and running the games.

GURPS/Dungeon Fantasy could always use more examples.
Tom H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:11 AM   #25
DouglasCole

The Citadel at Nordvorn, a follow-on setting in the same world as Hall of Judgment, launches tomorrow on Kickstarter.

As always, I hope that you find the project worthy and good, and can back it with confidence that the product you'll receive will be quality stuff.

Here is a preview link to the Citadel Kickstarter page, modified since it first went live. Check it out, leave a comment or feedback. I'm excited to bring this to the GURPS community!
Old 02-18-2019, 09:58 AM   #26
Rhino

Will the area map for Citadel show where Isfjall is located or will the text describe where it is in relation to Nordlond; i.e. how far away in what direction and what kind of terrain and settlements exist between them?
Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:23 AM   #27
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
Will the area map for Citadel show where Isfjall is located or will the text describe where it is in relation to Nordlond; i.e. how far away in what direction and what kind of terrain and settlements exist between them?
There will be many maps in the book, I think - though honestly this depends on how well the Kickstarter does.

There are two ways to answer this:

1) By leaving it vague, the GM can put Nordvorn and its surroundings wherever they want to. Of course, they can *always* do that.

2) Isfjall is 250 miles almost due west of Nordvorn. To travel from Isfjall to Nordvorn, it's best to take a ship down the Wodenain river past Mosfell to Nethanfoss, located wehre the Stuttain and Wodenain meet. That's 150-200 miles, but because the river is always moving, can be covered in 1-2 days. From there, follow the Palisade road from Nethanfoss to Nordvorn, which will be about 2 days travel - it's perhaps 60 miles. The pathway is well-trod, but dangerous these days.

Including the map of norther Nordlond in the book is broadly speaking a good idea. I could see putting it in the Preface pretty easily as a half-page map.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:49 AM   #28
b-dog

Faerie Noble monster in the Hall of Justice.
One thing that would be nice would be to have some go to powers for the faerie noble to use against the PCs. I realize that they know entire colleges of spells at very high levels but having that amount of powers sort of makes them difficult to use. I don’t have problems with them having tons of spells that they can use when needed but it would nice to have some ready to use powers that they can use right away in combat.
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 11:12 AM   #29
GM Joe

I'm backing at the Print Berserker level, and looking forward to seeing more of Douglas Cole's great work.

Thank you also to Steve Jackson Games for extending the third-party license. More stuff for DFRPG is most welcome!

Last edited by GM Joe; 02-19-2019 at 11:15 AM.
GM Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 01:42 PM   #30
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-dog View Post
Faerie Noble monster in the Hall of Justice.
One thing that would be nice would be to have some go to powers for the faerie noble to use against the PCs. I realize that they know entire colleges of spells at very high levels but having that amount of powers sort of makes them difficult to use. I don’t have problems with them having tons of spells that they can use when needed but it would nice to have some ready to use powers that they can use right away in combat.
That's a valid suggestion; there's an important Faerie noble in Nordvorn, and I can spend some wordcount on fight options.